Participants needed for study on cognitive flexibility and wellbeing

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
traineeclinpsych

Participants needed for study on cognitive flexibility and wellbeing

Post by traineeclinpsych » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:57 am

My name is Holly Banfield, and I am a Trainee Clinical Psychologist at the Oxford Institute of Clinical Psychology Training. I am conducting my doctoral research at the Oxford Centre for Emotions and Affective Neuroscience (OCEAN lab) led by Prof. Elaine Fox. I am being supervised by Prof. Elaine Fox and Dr Maud Grol. This research has been approved by the University of Oxford Central University Research Ethics Committee (CUREC).

We are currently recruiting participants, aged 18-40 years old, with normal or corrected to normal hearing and vision to participate in a study based in Oxford. We are exploring the link between psychological flexibility and wellbeing in a healthy adult population. Further, we want to understand how cognitive and affective flexibility is linked to our mental wellbeing.

What do you have to do?
All parts of the study can be completed from your own home, except for the first session which is based in Oxford.

During a first session (in Oxford) you will be asked to fill in some questionnaires and perform a computer based task, and engage in a brief interview about your mental wellbeing (the session will last around 40 minutes in total). After that we ask you to fill out online surveys once a week for 4 weeks (which will take around 5 minutes to complete). We will ask you to fill out online surveys again after 2 months, 6 months and 1 year (which will take around 20 minutes to complete) and engage in a brief telephone interview about your mental wellbeing after 2 months, 6 months and 1 year (which will take around 10 minutes).

You will be reimbursed for your time.

You can take time to think about it and ask questions before you decide whether or not to take part in our study. Your enquiry will be kept confidential and you will not be obliged to take part. Please do not hesitate to contact me for more information
holly.banfield@hmc.ox.ac.uk

ell

Re: Oxford based participants needed for study on cognitive flexibility and wellbeing

Post by ell » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:27 pm

Do the participants need to be Oxford based, or just able to come to Oxford once? I ask because there's probably lots of people who commute into Oxford but don't live there, but would be able to participate. Just mentioning Oxford in your thread title may limit the number of people who look at it.

traineeclinpsych

Re: Oxford based participants needed for study on cognitive flexibility and wellbeing

Post by traineeclinpsych » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:46 pm

No they just need to be able to come into Oxford. Thanks, that’s a really good point, I’ll try and change the title!