5 things I'm thinking today. . .

For anything not related to psychology
Esuma

Re: 5 things I'm thinking today. . .

Post by Esuma » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:12 pm

1.) Feeling a bit grim today, think I’m very tired and dehydrated, definitely haven’t drank enough, must get back to being good with drinking water
2.) Trying to steady the nerves for upcoming interview but the prospect of a presentation is very daunting
3.) Had a session with a patient today that reminded me how much I need a job where I can do that work as my actual job rather than as a brief side stint when allowed by my lovely boss
4.) Got another interview invite today but I’m away when it’s scheduled, really hope I can rearrange but I know these dates are normally quite set in stone. Frustrating but seems there’s something right going on with my applications at least now!
5.) Feeling pretty awesome about recent weightloss and a bit more like ‘me’ again, ironically deciding to treat myself to a takeaway tonight as a result

nomnom

Post by nomnom » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:06 am

1. Induction week of new job done. I am feeling very good about the move despite the timing not being ideal. Now, just need to actually pass the CBT course so I can relax. Someone pray for me on the 17th/24th as I'll be sitting the gruelling viva :shock:

2. Deadline in 2 days - print day today. My mind is like google chrome at the moment - at least 20 tabs open on at least 8 window tabs, 5 are frozen and there is music coming from somewhere...there is always music!

3. People keep asking me how I'm feeling and I can't answer them. I am just trying to get through the next couple of weeks after which I will take out much needed time for me - starting with LATITUDE 2018 :D

4. Quite interested in working for IESO digital? Anyone with insight/experience of working with the service, message me!

5. Lost 9lbs during fasting! Not that I mean to complain but its all muscle rather than fat loss! :-( I am dreading the task of building the gym back in to my life...
'Forget what hurt you. But remember what it taught you'

benbrand

Post by benbrand » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:22 pm

1. I feel like I'm ruminating a little more on insignificant details. I referred to the head of the department without the title of "Dr" in an email and I was abruptly called out by my PI. I don't know why, but it bothered me for days after.

2. I think 6 years working within an academic setting has done nothing but fuelled nothing but discontent, constant self-appraisal, and a hyper-critical self. I'm looking forward to leaving next year.

3. The first draft of my dissertation hand-in is approaching. I have to get 68 and I'll finish the year with a distinction, but I'm finding it hard to motivate.

4. I don't really know how I've gotten through this year working and studying full-time.

5. My girlfriend and I are doing the "Whole30" elimination diet. I'm having dreams about swimming in pizza and cake.

RIS

Post by RIS » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:24 am

1. So hot. This office needs aircon. Hot hot hot. Why did I do hot yoga this morning? Wahhhhhhhh

2. I can do it. Don't fall asleep. Keep going. No..don't close my eyes...

3. This job is very close to being as good as it gets in CP. Good location, I can design the service how I like, good mix of work. I have APs and now I don't know how I'll ever survive without them...

4. Too many referrals for the under 5s....please let me see some more teenagers...

5. Weekend away with friends. Can't wait to catch up. And there's sunshine! and there'll be markets and wine and food! Nearly there!

Victoriomantic

Post by Victoriomantic » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:32 am

1. I hate calling in sick to work but I'm definitely glad I did on Thurs & Fri

2. Feel guilty though as A/L either side means some patients have had big gaps in their therapy

3. Trying to prepare a KSA while ill is proving almost impossible

4. Brain please kick into gear... mild fever + fatigue = cotton wool

5. Surprised I'm in a relatively good mood despite all this

MindfulPsych

Post by MindfulPsych » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:48 pm

Victoriomantic wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:32 am

3. Trying to prepare a KSA while ill is proving almost impossible
I hope you're feeling better - how are you finding your KSA prep? Struggling with mine a little at the moment. Are you hoping to apply for step 3 this year for autumn intake?

nomnom

Post by nomnom » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:09 pm

1. Passed my tape :D :D Just portfolio and case study to go.

2. Cannot wait for latitude next week - much needed time to party!

3. Feeling blessed currently. Though upcoming viva nerves creep in every now and then.

4. I need to eat. I need to go back to the gym.

5. I have a tan :D

Victoriomantic

Post by Victoriomantic » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:02 pm

MindfulPsych wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:48 pm
I hope you're feeling better - how are you finding your KSA prep? Struggling with mine a little at the moment. Are you hoping to apply for step 3 this year for autumn intake?
Thank you :) Still a bit ill but getting there. I have an interview for Step 3 trainee on Friday, so yes :) Still waiting to hear from another uni though. At this point I just have to bullet point and have a rough plan for how I might meet each criteria. Good luck with your KSA! Are you applying too?

MindfulPsych

Post by MindfulPsych » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:30 am

Victoriomantic wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:02 pm
MindfulPsych wrote:
Thank you :) Still a bit ill but getting there. I have an interview for Step 3 trainee on Friday, so yes :) Still waiting to hear from another uni though. At this point I just have to bullet point and have a rough plan for how I might meet each criteria. Good luck with your KSA! Are you applying too?
Hope you feel better soon and wishing you lots of luck for your interview on Friday! That sounds like a good plan - I'm not applying this year as I need a little bit more time under my belt and after the difficulties with DClinPsy applications this year I'm trying to look after myself and boost my confidence a bit! So hopefully I will apply for step 3 next year but I've started my KSA now... such a keen bean! :lol:

Victoriomantic

Post by Victoriomantic » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:29 am

MindfulPsych wrote:
Hope you feel better soon and wishing you lots of luck for your interview on Friday! That sounds like a good plan - I'm not applying this year as I need a little bit more time under my belt and after the difficulties with DClinPsy applications this year I'm trying to look after myself and boost my confidence a bit! So hopefully I will apply for step 3 next year but I've started my KSA now... such a keen bean! :lol:
Thank you so much <3 Looking after yourself is so important but being a keen bean is great! That will save you a lot of hassle and anxiety further down the line. I just dove in, probably too much stress but never mind :lol:

mungle

Post by mungle » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:13 pm

1. I have much more work I would like to do this summer than I have time
2. I adore having pets
3. I really do like lists
4. Making choices for my health have been some of my best moves this year
5. In contradiction to no.1, when does the good telly start again?

lingua_franca

Post by lingua_franca » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:56 am

1.) A move to Australia might be on the cards. :shock: I've got through the first stage of the application process for an academic post there.
2.) I will need to live in a hot air balloon and rappel into work every day in order to avoid the spiders with which the place seems to be infested. Either that or finally get some treatment for my arachnophobia. (I am not being flippant here - part of me is actually hoping I don't get this wonderful and eminently Lingua-suitable job, just so I don't have to deal with the eight-legged spawn of Satan.)
3.) In all this flurry of job applications I mustn't forget the work I still need to do for my postdoc. I feel a bit bored and tired of it now, and I'm ashamed to admit it. :oops: I need to up my game here.
4.) I saw a pair of trousers in the sale today, but they're much more colourful and striking than anything I'd usually wear and I was too nervous to get them. I think I will go tomorrow and buy them anyway. Life is for the brave.
5.) I could devour a stack of pancakes at the moment. A shame there are none to hand.
"Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.
- A.A. Milne.

nomnom

Post by nomnom » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:53 pm

1. Passed my case study. Just portfolio to go and viva. I am dreading it - what will I do if I fail at this point? *happy place, happy place*

2. Been taxed twice month due to last employer paying me incorrectly which means I am monies down this month. Boo.

3. After the 24th, its just a waiting game. At least I can relax knowing I've done all I can for now.

4. Long-distance relationships are hard!

5. I need to go home at some point...