A reason to be positive...

For anything not related to psychology
workingmama
Team Member

Re: A reason to be positive...

Post by workingmama » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:20 am

bex4010 wrote:
ell wrote:
workingmama wrote:I love the sign in my baker's shop back home.. 'auld breid's nae hard: nae breid - that's hard!'.
I'm sorry, what? (imagine that said in a very Southern accent, a result of growing up in a suburban London borough south of the city)
Is it.... Old bread is not hard ... no bread (now) that's hard! also said in a southern (Pompey) accent ...feel I need to clarify that just in case I get it wrong :lol:
That's it! It basically means - quit yer whining, yer gub's fu'. (Southern translation - Desist your attempts to raise my awareness to your displeasure, and be grateful for the sustenance provided!).
Fail, fail again, fail better.

HedleyLamarr

Post by HedleyLamarr » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:06 am

workingmama wrote:
bex4010 wrote:
ell wrote:I love the sign in my baker's shop back home.. 'auld breid's nae hard: nae breid - that's hard!'.

I'm sorry, what? (imagine that said in a very Southern accent, a result of growing up in a suburban London borough south of the city)
Is it.... Old bread is not hard ... no bread (now) that's hard! also said in a southern (Pompey) accent ...feel I need to clarify that just in case I get it wrong :lol:
That's it! It basically means - quit yer whining, yer gub's fu'. (Southern translation - Desist your attempts to raise my awareness to your displeasure, and be grateful for the sustenance provided!).
For those interested in learning more, the following video may be of some assistance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0rgETg2Hoo
My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.

workingmama
Team Member

Post by workingmama » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Love it! My dad had the book.
Fail, fail again, fail better.

Blackbubblequeen

Post by Blackbubblequeen » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:43 pm

Off for a well deserved holiday soon! I shall be spending the next 9 days climbing mountains in Scotland :D :D :D

I think I most definitely need the break after working 3 jobs, 7 days a week (some weeks) for the last 6 months. Fingers crossed it isn't too snowy, I don't fancy getting caught in an avalanche :shock:

LearnLiveDream

Post by LearnLiveDream » Sat May 12, 2018 6:09 pm

I really like the idea of this, I’m definitely feeling like some positivity is needed in the world!

So my reason to be positive today is:

My roses have been cleared of greenfly and are producing buds! I was worried that they might die off as they were bought in memory of someone very special so I’m very glad they’re recovering!

NotReally

Post by NotReally » Sun May 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Great thread!

I went for a car wash today, and the regular place was closed. I always try and find a hand car wash as the bristles in the machines can scratch your car, so I finally found another one. As the guy was cleaning the inside rim of the rear doors, he found a pound coin under the seat. I was unaware of this, but the guy (who spoke next to no english) still returned it with a smile. Just made me happy that there are still some good people around. I'd have tipped him if I wasn't so broke :oops: . On the plus side, I think I have found my new "regular".

firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal » Tue May 15, 2018 2:45 pm

The worrying sounding rattling in my car was simply a loose bracket fixed in 5 minutes with some cable ties and no charge from the mechanic!

maven
Site Admin

Post by maven » Tue May 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Sunshine and birdsong for me.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare