UCL PWP 2018 intake- potential interview dates?

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
Sis

UCL PWP 2018 intake- potential interview dates?

Post by Sis » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:13 pm

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about the timing of UCL PWP interviews for this year. As the application deadline was quite delayed this year, I guess the interviews will also be later than in past years but knowing nothing is making other aspects of life hard to plan for! Even a vague block of dates would be useful!

I tried to contact PWP recruitment but it just rang through... So any updates would be greatly appreciated :)

AspiringPWP

Re: UCL PWP 2018 intake- potential interview dates?

Post by AspiringPWP » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:50 am

Hi,
My interview is on Monday (2nd July) - I got the email on Tuesday (26th). It's with Newham. No idea when others are happening but I assume it's over the next couple of weeks.
I'm excited and nervous and trying my best to prepare but if anyone has any tips, particularly related to what Newham are looking for that'd be welcome! πŸ˜‰
Should I expect role plays etc? I'm thinking it's probably a straight forward interview format..
Thanks. (My first post btw).

Sis

Post by Sis » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:31 pm

Congrats and best of luck!

From what I have read, I don't think that there is a role play component in the UCL interviews, but let us know how it goes!

jason712

Post by jason712 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:47 am

Interview invites should be rolling out now. My service in Bromley sent their invites out yesterday. It should be a straightforward 30-minute interview consisting of six questions. Best of luck!

AspiringPWP

Post by AspiringPWP » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:00 pm

Well that's over with! Felt like I both babbled nervously and didn't say enough but overall wasn't too disastrous I hope.. panel were nice and supportive. Yep, straight forward, 6 questions, some expected, some not.. May take several weeks to find out if I've been successful.. 😬. Time to forget about it and enjoy the 🌞. Best of luck to everyone still to go!

jay

Post by jay » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:20 pm

AspiringPWP wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:00 pm
Well that's over with! Felt like I both babbled nervously and didn't say enough but overall wasn't too disastrous I hope.. panel were nice and supportive. Yep, straight forward, 6 questions, some expected, some not.. May take several weeks to find out if I've been successful.. 😬. Time to forget about it and enjoy the 🌞. Best of luck to everyone still to go!
oo gosh i am sure you were amazing... i have mine tomorrow-i would really appreciate interview question pointers..x

jason712

Post by jason712 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:18 pm

AspiringPWP wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:00 pm
I echo what Jay said, I imagine you did better than you give yourself credit. Best of luck!

Sis

Post by Sis » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:03 am

Mine's next monday... I'm glad to hear they were nice!
Ahh a couple of weeks?! I thought they would be faster than that. I hate the waiting game!
Enjoy your well-earned sunshine :)

JazzXOXO

Post by JazzXOXO » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:27 am

Hey I have my interview on Monday :)
On the invite they ask you to bring your qualifications if not included in the application form. In the application form we had to upload a transcript from our university, but do they still want us to bring our undergraduate certificate?

AspiringPWP

Post by AspiringPWP » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:27 pm

The email does say academic qualifications certificates but I asked the panel if they needed anything beyond what was required to be uploaded on the application and they said no.. Then they also said check with admin, which I didn't do as the lady wasn't there and I just wanted to go😁.. so if you have copies of degrees etc bring them along just in case but it sounded like we don't need to. Hope that makes sense!

akiliyanage

Post by akiliyanage » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:32 pm

Hi I had mine today at UCL for Redbridge. I only got 6 questions. They didn't check any certificates. I guess i got too nervous and couldn't properly pin point my answersπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™€οΈ. Anyway Do they still inform even you are not sucssesful. All the best for others. They wanted to know how and what I could bring to the PWP role and reflection of my previous experience.

AspiringPWP

Post by AspiringPWP » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:30 pm

They didn't check any certificates at mine either. I brought it up and as I said they told me they didn't need to see any. So no need to worry about that 😁. Sounds similar to mine. They said they would let me know by phone within the next few weeks if I'm successful - don't know if they'll still do that if I'm unsuccessful...😬

JazzXOXO

Post by JazzXOXO » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:55 pm

Thank you guys so much for clearing that up. Good luck, hoping for the best for your interview outcomes!

Sis

Post by Sis » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:05 pm

Hi guys! Just had it today and feel the exact same way, got so nervous and didn't say half of what I had prepared or think I should have now. Oh well, will try to put it out of my head for now. Was told to expect to hear something by the end of the week... Did they ask for your number in the interview? And has anyone heard anything so far?

JazzXOXO

Post by JazzXOXO » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:17 am

Sis wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:05 pm
Hi guys! Just had it today and feel the exact same way, got so nervous and didn't say half of what I had prepared or think I should have now. Oh well, will try to put it out of my head for now. Was told to expect to hear something by the end of the week... Did they ask for your number in the interview? And has anyone heard anything so far?
I had mine yesterday too and feel the same way, forgot to say so much of what I prepared 😩😩. They didn't ask for my number but they said they will call anyway to at least give feedback. I suppose they can get your number from your application form.