AP post in Milton Keynes, to start ASAP

Advertise posts here (email clinpsyforum@gmail.com to arrange payment, it starts at just £40+vat)
miriam
Site Admin

AP post in Milton Keynes, to start ASAP

Post by miriam » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:58 pm

I am looking for an Assistant Psychologist who can start ASAP. The role will be based in Milton Keynes at pleasant spacious offices with free parking, and you will get your own desk and laptop to use. The salary will be in the range of £15-19k per annum according to experience (pro rata if part-time). We pay for mileage required within the job, and offer a good level of supervision and access to training experiences and resources.

For at least the next 3 months we have what will probably amount to full-time hours available, although you will need to be fairly flexible in what you turn your hand to, and at times this will include some admin tasks. There are likely to be ongoing hours after that point, either on a full or part time basis, but I am not able to advertise this as a permanent full-time position as we are going to have some organisational change by the summer so it may be that the role or hours change at that point.

The primary purpose of the post is to support my court work activities by:
- making appointments
- summarising background papers including medical records, police records and social services files
- gathering information from foster carers, schools and other third parties using structured interview and questionnaires
- administering and scoring psychometric assessments
- writing up assessments into a standardised report pro-forma

Other activities are likely to include:
- completing psychometric assessments of young people living in residential care settings and/or people accessing our therapy service
- gathering information from social services files, carers, schools and other third parties using structured interview and questionnaires
- compiling life story information to present in a form suitable for the young person to access
- research activities such as gathering staff questionnaire data, entering this into the computer and producing summary reports
- compiling feedback from training events
- some admin activities such as answering the phone, making up invoices or ringing to follow-up unpaid invoices

You will need to be able to travel to locations in the surrounding area, so a driving license and access to a vehicle is essential. You will also need to pass DBS checks and provide references. Apart from that, I am looking for someone bright, enthusiastic, professional and able to engage a variety of people from troubled children to lawyers. You need to have great spoken and written communication skills and to be meticulous, but also have common sense. There is no minimum requirement for experience, beyond having completed a psychology degree or conversion that confers GBC (this needs to be at 2:1 level or better, or supplemented by a completed masters degree in a directly related subject). We can train you to use the psychometrics.

Please email lifepsychol@gmail.com with a CV (no longer than 2 sides) and a covering letter (no longer than 600 words) as soon as possible if you wish to apply. I will close when we have sufficient applicants or on 28th February, whichever is sooner.

We select using a 3 stage process: the application, then a computer based task, then an interview. I would hope to organise the task as soon as possible after applications close, and the interviews soon after as we want to have someone in post ASAP. The sooner you are able to start the better!
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com