How long it takes for the NHS to send conditional offer

Issues related to pay, contracts, Agenda for Change, the NHS, the BPS, unions, etc.
Luisav

How long it takes for the NHS to send conditional offer

Post by Luisav » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:49 am

Hi I am getting very frustrated by the time I m waiting for news. I applied for a clinical support worker position on April, I attended a group assessment on the 17th of May. After two weeks they called me to tell me that I was successful and that the NHS will contact me shortly. After two weeks now I don t understand what is going on and what to expect from them. Is there anyone who knows how it works with NHS? If I ll be advised when the letter will be sent. They already asked my boss and the previous one for references and sent me a questionnaire asking about my health status before the call. I thought that maybe they are waiting for the other people references to be sent back as there is more than one position available. I know NHS recruitment process is very slow but at least I want to know what to expect and If it is good to call them or maybe send an e mail. I would like to know your experience through the recruitment process.

fledgling

Re: How long it takes for the NHS to send conditional offer

Post by fledgling » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:04 pm

After a verbal offer, the person who recruited you normally informs HR, and they then send you something in writing plus forms to complete for occupational health and DBS checks. I imagine lots of Trusts send everything electronically now (my last post did), so check your email and junk folder.

Bearing in mind there has been a bank holiday (and half term for people with children) in the last two weeks, it hasn't been all that long. If they've contacted your referees and sent you health forms then things are clearly in process, so try to be patient! I understand the frustration though, an offer doesn't quite seem 'real' until it's on paper. It wouldn't be unreasonable to give them a call- maybe just say you are anxious to get the DBS check started as these can take a long time- and find out who the HR contact is.

workingmama
Team Member

Post by workingmama » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:50 am

^^This!

It can take absolutely ages sometimes (but is quick at other times). A wee ring sounds perfectly acceptable. Good luck, and congrats!
Fail, fail again, fail better.

Princess86

Post by Princess86 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:36 pm

Do you mean unconditional offer? I was offered an NHS job two weeks ago and got the conditional offer letter through 2-3 days after being offered the post. This was at the same time as DBS checks and references and OH were sent out. I am still waiting for the unconditional letter once my referee has done my reference so all in all would have taken around a month I imagine. This is the quickest I've known it all to be processed though! Fortunately it is a very efficient HR. Congratulations on your job offer :)

Luisav

Post by Luisav » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:25 am

They already received my references and the health questionnaire back. After that they called me, this was 3 weeks ago. I am going to be away for a week from next friday and I m really concerned they ll sent a letter with forms while I m away. My boss told me the name on the e mail the HR sent requesting reference, should I call the HR asking for this person or send an e mail addressed to him? Furthermore I m not sure what shall I ask for. I am not english and I find quite hard to write formally. Any suggestion?

Geishawife
Team Member

Post by Geishawife » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:08 pm

I would send an e-mail saying that you are just enquiring where things stand with the relevant paperwork being sent to you in regards to the job you were offered on (date). Then add a few lines saying you will be out the country for a while and give the dates when you are not around. You are, I think, quite entitled to say you would appreciate it if the relevant paperwork could be sent to you before you go away as you would like everything sorted before you leave.

HR departments can be AWFUL at getting things done in a timely manner!! They do need "nudging" sometimes, so an e-mail from you might be what they need to get themselves in gear!! Good luck.

Luisav

Post by Luisav » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:23 pm

Thank you so much...I will keep this page updated

jason712

Post by jason712 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:34 pm

I know this is old now but just for anyone else wondering in the future. It took me two weeks to get my Conditional offer from SLaM. Long I know but it definitely had me worried while I was waiting.

Luisav

Post by Luisav » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:33 pm

Hi, I finally got my start date. :D After nearly three weeks from the call I decided to e mail the HR. After two long days they replayed asking if I received the conditional offer letter attached on the email I didn't at all :? . It supposed to arrive 3 weeks before. Anyway they said it wasn t the end f the world and that I had to book an appointment with the HR for document and paperworks. After that I called them again, they said that they were waiting for my referces back which I knew for sure they received them back four weeks ago. At the end they said there were some gaps in my history to cover, I send them a statement with evideces and eventually they e mail me asking to choose a preferred start date.
A bit of a nightmare but an happy ending. Thank you all for the support on this forum :)