NVivo

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
MindfulPsych

NVivo

Post by MindfulPsych » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:56 am

Hello!

I was wondering whether anyone has had experience using QSR NVivo? If so do you have any recommendations on good books and online guides?

Still trying to find my feet...

Thanks!

midas

Re: NVivo

Post by midas » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:45 pm

Hi MindfulPsych

I am literally using it now! I have been working as a social researcher for the last few months so was fortunate enough to secure some training from Silvana de Gregorio (at QSR) who runs regular workshops on using the software. If you are able to, I would recommend going on one of her courses to get the full experience. I think she does webinars too. However I must say that applying it is the most important thing, I could see how useful it was but when I started working on my own data I struggled to recall how to do some of the actions... there are a lot of youtube tutorials out there about how to do certain things, if you just look for example how to create nodes or import survey data. It helps to have the latest version of course, I am working on 9 but 10 is out, and 11 is on its way.

enid

Post by enid » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:55 pm

Yeah I did a day course - on a Saturday - teaches you the basics, the rest you learn as you go along. It's not complicated.

Charlie

Post by Charlie » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:00 pm

The youtube tutorials are really good. I taught myself using them, it's pretty easy to pick up. Check out the QSR youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/QSRInternational

MindfulPsych

Post by MindfulPsych » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:14 pm

Ah thank you so much! I've just started in a brand new research role... so having some courses and webinars is great! I'll be speaking to my manager about allowing me to get on one of these courses! :D

I am sure that once I get use to it... it won't be so complicated!! Just like when I first started using SPSS... ahaha! :wink:

Thanks again guys!

Loula

Post by Loula » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:19 pm

I used it in my old research job and it was great once you get the hang of it. I did a day's training. Where in the country are you? I have the contact details for a trainer in the north west (somewhere)

MindfulPsych

Post by MindfulPsych » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:06 am

Loula wrote:I used it in my old research job and it was great once you get the hang of it. I did a day's training. Where in the country are you? I have the contact details for a trainer in the north west (somewhere)
Thank Loula, i'm in the South unfortunately! I think i'll have a look and see if there are any training days within this area

Thank you :D