Research Birmingham uni

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
becky1989

Research Birmingham uni

Post by becky1989 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:48 pm

Hi all,
This is probably a ridiculous question. I'm currently completing a Masters in asocial work. I have chosen the research module for next year. I'm toying with the idea of applying for clinical when I've finished this course. Therefore I'd like my research to be as attractive as possible, preferably to the Birmingham uni. Does anyone have any experience of research at Birmingham? I.e. Are they more qualitative or quantitative focused?

Any help would be very much appreciated

Becky

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
purpledot

Re: Research Birmingham uni

Post by purpledot » Wed May 10, 2017 11:05 pm

I can't offer any advice on what Birmingham prefer, but it could be worth looking at BPS' Alternative Handbook (if I remember right, one of the questions is about the weighting of teaching towards qual and quant) or at the course's webpage as the research staff and their interests are likely to be listed.

Hope this helps :)

becky1989

Re: Research Birmingham uni

Post by becky1989 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:29 pm

Oh purple dot I hadn't even thought of that, excellent idea!
I will look into it now
Thank you !