Recruiting CPs working in CAMHS with clients who self-harm

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
purpledot

Recruiting CPs working in CAMHS with clients who self-harm

Post by purpledot » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:12 pm

I'm a first-year trainee at Lancaster's DClinPsy, and I'm currently recruiting qualified clinical psychologists for my service-related project. The project is exploring the experiences of clinical psychologists working in CAMHS who have involved parents/carers in an intervention to address a young person's self-harm. The study hopes to develop an understanding of the factors which have influenced clinical psychologists in making the decision to involve parents/carers, and also hopes to consider how this involvement was facilitated and the perceived impact on the intervention.

Participants will be invited to take part in a one to one interview with myself, either over Skype or at a mutually agreed location for local participants, which will last up to an hour. Participants do not need to be currently working in CAMHS, but need to have been working as a qualified clinical psychologist in CAMHS in the UK at the time of their experience.

More information on the study can be found here: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/shm/study/do ... rhinehart/

If you would be interesting in taking part, or have any questions about the study, please follow the link above which includes my contact details.

The study has been granted ethical approval by the Faculty of Health and Medicine Research Ethics Committee at Lancaster University, which includes approval to recruit online. The study is being supervised by Dr Craig Murray (Lancaster Uni).

Thank you!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf