Participants wanted - unusual experiences and social learning

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
cf2018

Participants wanted - unusual experiences and social learning

Post by cf2018 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:37 pm

Hi,

I am looking for participants to take part in a study into unusual experiences and social learning.

People vary in their proneness to unusual experiences, such as superstitious beliefs and perceptual oddities. These experiences can include beliefs about and/or perceptions of other social agents. Currently, it is unknown whether people who experience greater or fewer unusual experiences differ in how they process basic social information.

To investigate, I am inviting participants to complete a computerised task and a questionnaire, which should no longer than 20 minutes in total. The study will take place in the School of Psychological Science at the University of Bristol. Participants will be offered £4 in reimbursement for their time.

You are more than welcome to participate, providing:
  • You are aged 18-50 years old
  • You have normal or corrected to normal vision
  • You speak fluent English
The study has been approved by the School of Psychological Science Ethics Committee (code: 30051987286) and is supervised by Dr Katy Burgess (Senior Teaching Associate).

If you are interested and able to make it to Bristol, you can sign up at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050c45 ... d0-unusual

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to send a message my account on this forum or contact me via my departmental email address: hu18869@bristol.ac.uk.

I hope to see you soon!
Cameron
Last edited by cf2018 on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Geishawife
Team Member

Re: Participants wanted - unusual experiences and social learning

Post by Geishawife » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:14 pm

Can you please state that your study has ethical approval (and who from) and who your supervisor/s is/are? These things are needed to recruit from this site.

cf2018

Re: Participants wanted - unusual experiences and social learning

Post by cf2018 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:26 pm

Updated, thanks!