Painful periods, hormonal contraception, and intolerance of uncertainty online study

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
LivB22

Painful periods, hormonal contraception, and intolerance of uncertainty online study

Post by LivB22 »

Hi everyone,

For my third year psychology undergraduate dissertation I am exploring the relationship between dysmenorrhea (painful periods), hormonal contraception and intolerance of uncertainty. Dysmenorrhea is a poorly understood area of women's health and the risk factors for this condition have mixed and unclear findings. I hope to provide further understandings of the underlying mechanisms involved in this condition.

If you are aged 18 years and over, have regular menstrual cycles and have not had a child through childbirth could you please spare 10 minutes to complete my online survey by clicking on the anonymous link below:

[link removed until post complies with forum rules for recruitment]

Thanks!
Geishawife
Team Member

Re: Painful periods, hormonal contraception, and intolerance of uncertainty online study

Post by Geishawife »

Please can you tell us your name, where you are studying, who is supervising your research and make clear that your study has been given ethical approval (including for recruiting on-line). All of these are requirements for recruiting from this site.
maven
Site Admin

Re: Painful periods, hormonal contraception, and intolerance of uncertainty online study

Post by maven »

I'm glad to see this topic getting research attention. However, to reinforce what Geishawife says, even your information sheet does not explicitly give details of your ethical approval or confirmation that it covers consent to recruit online. And we need the key information to identify you, your university and supervisor in the post, not just in the information sheet. If you don't reply to provide that information for a moderator to add into the OP within the next few days, I will have to remove the link from your post.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare