Calling all early-career Clinical Psychologists (<5 years post qualifying)

Ask here about academic and research issues, like designing studies, recruiting participants, choosing statistics, submitting for publication, etc.
Annabel

Calling all early-career Clinical Psychologists (<5 years post qualifying)

Post by Annabel »

Hi everyone!

I am a second year Trainee Clinical Psychologist completing my Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at the University of East Anglia.

I am reaching out regarding mine and my colleagues thesis research. We are exploring the drivers to early-career Clinical Psychologists (<5 years post qualifying) choosing to stay, work part-time, or leave their NHS employment; myself conducting the quantitative arm, and my colleague conducting the qualitative arm.

We really want to hear about the employment experiences of Clinical Psychologists; specifically, where people are working and the benefits and challenges of working as a Clinical Psychologist within this 5-year post-qualifying period. To date, there is no formalised research in this area.

We want to make sure that everyone’s experiences are heard and captured, and so ask if you could please complete the online survey and/or share it with your professional networks.

The inclusion criteria to take part is:
- Being a HCPC registered Clinical Psychologist who qualified no more than 5 years ago.
- Having trained at a UK DClinPsy institution as a funded trainee.
- Currently working within the NHS, private practice, academia, research or a mixture of these.

The link to the online survey (that you can copy and paste into google) is: forms.office.com/e/YUq4vYZ2TX

Thank you so much in advance. We are so grateful.

Annabel
Geishawife
Team Member

Re: Calling all early-career Clinical Psychologists (<5 years post qualifying)

Post by Geishawife »

Could you please tell us who is supervising your research and make clear you have ethical approval (including for recruiting online). These are needed to recruit from this site.
Annabel

Re: Calling all early-career Clinical Psychologists (<5 years post qualifying)

Post by Annabel »

Yes of course - apologies for this.

My supervisors are Dr. Sheryl Parke and Dr. Jinnie Ooi - both from the University of East Anglia (UEA). Dr. Rachel Russel is also involved in the study, though is not my direct supervisor.

The study gained ethical approval from UEA’s Faculty of Medicine and Health Research Committee whereby recruitment online via social media platforms was one of the avenues that was specifically specified within the application (ETH2324-2418).