Also Canada and New Zealand.

BOBAH1

Re: Countries you'd really love to visit

Post by BOBAH1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:28 pm

Tashkent - Uzbekistan )

hollywol

Post by hollywol » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:06 pm

I have always wanted to go to Costa Rica and was due to go for my 40th birthday end of this month which had obviously been postponed. I love the look of all the nature and that they are so eco conscious there. I'd also love to go to Jordan.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:42 pm

Ooh, good to see this thread reappear, and I can see why it is tempting to fantasise about travel whilst we are all restricted in what is possible right now.

I still want to go to Australasia and the pacific rim, and to dive in Polynesia.

But I have been to Iceland since I posted in this thread, which was glorious and not that expensive - so definitely worth a trip and a short enough flight to mean you can take a break of a few days rather than needing a fortnight. I'd recommend the diamond beach as my top place to see there, and you get a good look at the landscape and several waterfalls on the way. This was definitely the most memorable and photographic location we visited, although the geysers were glorious and we did catch a glimpse of the northern lights. The Blue Lagoon is definitely worth a trip, but it is man made and ruinous for your hair. We also quite liked some of the small museums, including one where we dressed up as vikings!
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

jazzydwi

Post by jazzydwi » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:31 pm

This year I was meant to be going to Greece for the first time with my friends, which we booked last year and were looking forward to for ages and we then had to cancel as our area went into local lockdown... gutted!
My partner and I have been talking about going to Peru for a significant anniversary next year but that's looking unlikely too, I would love to go and we've got an itinerary excel document primed and ready to be deployed.