X Factor!

For anything not related to psychology
nyla789

X Factor!

Post by nyla789 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:47 pm

Just did a quick search and was surprised to find that there is no thread on the X Factor! Do aspiring clinical psychs not watch this programme?! :shock: lol!

Well, I do! And after watching tonight's episode I'm shocked that Gamu didn't get through! Outrageous, I say!!!

Shooting_Star

Post by Shooting_Star » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:12 pm

I couldn't agree more! Gamu is amazing, she should definately have been put through! What was Cheryl thinking? That Katie is really annoying me already. And Cher is just a mini Cheryl, so thats why she got picked!

I love Matt the painter though :)

purple f

Post by purple f » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:42 pm

I was totally shocked that Gamu didn't go through!!!!!!!! BUT she will deffinitley make it without the X-factor I reckon!

Cheryl's choices make me wonder 'what was the point of the audition at her house? As she picked the two people who messed up their auditions

ElizabethB

Post by ElizabethB » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:47 pm

I was very disappointed by Cheryl's choices tonight.

I love Gamu and Tracy (sp?). I also really liked Marlon. I was also quite emotional when Gamu performed last week or the week before (as was Louis!) . I thought she picked on the basis of people who had rather different , unique, strange personalities and not talent (just my opinion!). I think the 'big twist' will have something to do with it though whatever it is and I think we may see a return of Gamu (hopefully!)- and I think Cheryl was probably well aware of the 'big twist' all along! I'm not so keen on the tesco lady (sorry forgot her name!) and I really don't like the guy in his 40s who appears to have dyed his hair bright red! Of the 12, no one really stands out! I'm beginning to feel a little bored about the x factor now though! :shock: :oops: I used to love it! I love Leona though :)

Oh well I guess this all adds to the drama that is X-factor and controversal decisions made by the three judges certainly results in discussions about the x factor which is probably a hidden agenda as part of the show! (sorry slightly cynical response there!)
Last edited by ElizabethB on Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shooting_Star

Post by Shooting_Star » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:47 pm

I know, plus two out of the three bands that went through are ones that Simon created himself. Its all a bit of a sham really. Still, it doesn't stop me watching it! Although I did buy Rage against the machines song last xmas! haha!

irishemma

Post by irishemma » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:28 am

I was shocked that Gamu didn't get through. That Cher really annoys me - I don't even think she should have made it through the first round.

As for the rage against the machine thing, don't get me started on that - I thought Joe was a very talented chap, and that rage campaiagn was a bullying campaign and was really mean to the poor chap. (Even though I have seen Rage twice and definitely prefer them to anyone in the x-factor)

heatherb

Post by heatherb » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:18 am

Completely agree about the whole Gamu scenario...

I think they're trying too hard to put 'quirky, unique' people through rather than focusing on what the competition is actually supposed to stand for... a singing competition! If I messed up an exam/coursework, the examiners wouldn't give me a high grade for sympathy or because I looked like I should be a good student... I don't see how people who messed up auditions should be allowed to go through as it's not judged on the basis of their performance on the day... grrr!!

Nicolo's ego also winds me up.

Remind me why I watch this again?!

H

charley

Post by charley » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:57 am

I can't cope with Gamu's incredibly contorted facial expressions when she was weeping and howling two weeks ago, i don't care how she sings!! - please not more of that every saturday, but it seems that will be the case when she is re-instated on Saturday :D Likewise, i could turn it off....

KitKat

Post by KitKat » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:25 am

charley wrote:but it seems that will be the case when she is re-instated on Saturday
Maybe there should be a spoiler warning on the title?

I'm hoping Gamu will go back in but thinking Cheryl will pick TreyC. I agree with everyone above over Cheryl's strange choices. It's much more evident this year that the judges pick contestants who are more likely to generate headlines and get people talking, rather than people with genuine talent. Cher is nowhere near the best singer but she's certainly got people talking - she's trending on twitter, most viewed on youtube, was on the front of most tabloids yesterday...

I really like Rebecca and Matt :)

charley

Post by charley » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:40 am

I'm not sure that is a spoiler, as i don't have any priveleged access to X factors information!! just hearsay in the tabloids, but equally could be another rumour put out by the show to boost ratings - i wouldn't put money on it happening

jemma.c

Post by jemma.c » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:28 pm

I love x factor!!! Finally something I have some knowledge of :oops:

I love Matt (the painter) thought his version of first time was amazing :-) Also love aiden grimshaw (who's from blackpool quite near me and who I saw whilst working and totally fangirled over)

I also loved Gamu but i don't think cheryl was too impressed I loved her first audition and was shocked she didn't get through though i really like rebecca think she has the best voice and i quite like cher... (hate the other one)

I also love Nicolo Festa, because he is so funny and the italian ego gets me every time
:D

See... X factor is what i discuss with my pupils when i'm school volunteering :roll:

Peach

Post by Peach » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:43 pm

I'm so annoyed Katie went through. She messed up her first audition and at the judges houses. Although she managed to sing without messing up at bootcamp she wasn't anything special and I think she definitely shouldn't have gone through. I love Matt cardle his rendition of first time ever i saw your face was breathtaking. He's by far the best singer in the competition. I loved nicole as a judge I thought she was so good and gave such good feedback, 10 times better than danni and cheryl put together imo. They should bring her back.

Anyone else find aiden grimshaw incredibly annoying to watch perfroming? He twitches like he's having a seizure, closes his eyes and contorts his mouth in a weird way. It's so annoying!
The best thing about this signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything, it's too late for you to stop reading.

chixta

Post by chixta » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:13 pm

charley wrote:I can't cope with Gamu's incredibly contorted facial expressions when she was weeping and howling two weeks ago, i don't care how she sings!! - please not more of that every saturday, but it seems that will be the case when she is re-instated on Saturday :D Likewise, i could turn it off....
and Cher doesnt contort her face???!!! :shock: :lol: She looks like she's furious all the time (mind you, I do like her!) I dont like Katy "Please Sir"!!

lakeland

Post by lakeland » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:47 am

I hate Katie.

That is all.

moonbeam

Post by moonbeam » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:42 pm

Yeah I'm not a Katie fan - she seems like a wannabe, she changes her look every week to look quirky... and whats with them seagull eyes? Eugh...

Cher - I like, but she does always look angry when she sings, "I'm buzzin for it" Grrr

Aiden - He's good.. but he ahs a big tongue that he like to sweep across his mouth... bleugh

Matt - Great! He needs to build his confidence though

Rebecca is my FAVE!! Her voice is gorgeous!

X-Factor Geek :oops:
There may not always be a solution to the problem, but there is always another perspective...