Past users of psyclick?

For anything not related to psychology
miriam
Site Admin

Past users of psyclick?

Post by miriam » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:19 pm

I am wondering if any members of psyclick could help me. Could you please post on this thread if you recall me having a competition to make the new logo for my company/private work brand 'LifePsychol' on psyclick, in or around 2004? There is a dispute about the use of the name, and it would be very helpful if anyone was able to confirm that in that thread I described the business of LifePsychol as including therapy, training, consultancy and expert witness court work on the theme of parenting, attachment and family relationships.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
BenJMan

Re: Past users of psyclick?

Post by BenJMan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:57 pm

Could you not contact whoever has admin stuff for the now defunct psyclick site? The forum is offline but all the data will still be stored as the website is still active?
I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people ~ Maya Angelou.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Ben has never been very easy to contact, and to get him to search for information seems harder than to just ask some of my longstanding fellow forumites who might simply remember!
Miriam

workingmama
Team Member

Post by workingmama » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm so sorry, I only lurked occasionally at that time, and I was a bit freaked by some of the posts on Psyclick, so didn't spend that much time there. Have you PMd the regulars?
Fail, fail again, fail better.

astra

Post by astra » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:12 pm

I recall the competition but I don't recall details such as you are asking for. It was nearly 10 years ago, I can't believe how long that is.
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn

Dr.Dot

Post by Dr.Dot » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:53 am

Before my time!
Dorothy: Now which way do we go?

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:18 pm

I remember discussions about the name, and that I contribued something cringeworthy (like Silver Psychology), but I couldn't be sure if this was here or there, nor could I be sure about the year. I don't remember a competition (probably because my artistic tendencies aren't very pronounced, so it would have gone over my head).
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.

steve79

Post by steve79 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:20 pm

I remember a competition about it but I cant remember the whole details of what your service was including. What is the dispute about? LifePsychol was not a name already used at the time??

Steve :)

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:44 pm

It was a dispute about someone who had later started to use my name and trademarked it, but they seem to have gone away again. I did send their solicitor a letterhead and a thank you letter from a judge for some training which predated his client's claim on the name, which may explain their change of heart.
Miriam