Stationary!

For anything not related to psychology
natalie427

Stationary!

Post by natalie427 »

Hi all,

I bit of a light-hearted post, nothing deep!

I am due to start the DClinPsy in September. I've heard before starting the DClin to basically have a bit of a relax and maybe treat yourself. So, I've booked a lovely 2 week All inclusive holiday.
But, I do have a place in my heart for stationary, diaries, organisers etc etc!

I've already bought some bits which brought such joy ( :lol: ), but I was wondering if anyone had any stationary favourites?
My current no 1 diary is the busy b perfect planner & I'm building quite the collection of bic 4 pens.
Advertisement
Any Psychologists out there want to come and join us? We have an opportunity for an additional clinical/practitioner psychologist to join our highly skilled, tight knit, diverse clinical team https://www.amplify-yp.com/work-with-us
jazzydwi

Re: Stationary!

Post by jazzydwi »

I got an academic year wall calendar and stuck it in front of my desk at home in anticipation of starting in Oct. Really tempted to get stickers for it too :lol:
Geishawife
Team Member

Post by Geishawife »

I love stationery. My favourite thing is nice writing paper. OK, I know almost everybody uses e-mail and social media to communicate these days, but I think there's something so nice about receiving a hand written letter!! I keep a stationery box with all the different writing papers I find and send little "Hello, how are you?" notes to people from time to time.
lakeland

Post by lakeland »

I love a variety of post-it notes, especially the small ones for marking pages. I also love clipboard with note paper on for to-do list.
rachiepsy96

Post by rachiepsy96 »

Not sure if you've seen these, I bought them as I am also starting the DClin in September, very excited to start using them!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clinical-Portf ... B09YDBQVZH
jazzydwi

Post by jazzydwi »

lakeland wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:46 pm I love a variety of post-it notes, especially the small ones for marking pages. I also love clipboard with note paper on for to-do list.
My number one favourite bit of therapy stationary was a 'padfolio' clipboard with a notepad and a pocket inside it for loose psychoed sheets etc.
miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam »

Rachiepsy96, I'd be very cautious of how you keep records of clinical cases. I have given a formal warning about data protection to a member of staff who made some notes about cases they sat in on, and had client names written in a notebook in their handbag.

My favourite are Rocketbook notebooks. They can be wiped and re-used, and if you want to store your notes from teaching or keep a reflective journal you can email them to yourself in various formats using the app.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com
This forum is free to use. If you find the site useful, you are welcome to contribute the cost of a cup of coffee to our running costs.