Strictly - "you're my favourite!"

For anything not related to psychology
choirgirl

Strictly - "you're my favourite!"

Post by choirgirl » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:55 pm

As a flagrant response to this thread, is anyone else devoted to Strictly Come Dancing in preference to the Annual Simon Smug Blub-Fest?! :wink:

Having seen all 16 (! - it's too many) couples dance now, my favourites so far are Chris and Ola. I'm also glad that Jo & Brendan went through this week, as Brendan's one of the best choreographers IMHO :D

Anyone else? .....anyone?! :P

(PS: Arlene or Alesha?)
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." - Red Auerbach

lakeland

Post by lakeland » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:42 pm

I love Strictly, but am struggling to get into just yet - it's the same every year when there are so many people.

Chris was good, but he really annoys me on BBC Breakfast, so for that reason, I don't want him to win.

Alesha was a lot better this week, bless her!

choirgirl

Post by choirgirl » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:22 am

Thank God Calzaghe's gone, I really couldn't have stood another week of him clumping around with hunched shoulders, smelling Kristina's hair when he thought the camera wasn't on him.

And, well done Brendan!! Entirely justified :twisted:

Chris and Ola to win 8) (please not Ricky "I'm so fantastic but ever so 'umble" Whittle)

choirgirl

Post by choirgirl » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:06 pm

In the interests of TV equality ( :wink: - I refuse to believe that everyone else watches the X Factor!!), I am again resurrecting this thread, and re-reading last year's posts, feeling slightly smug about my obvious winner-spotting abilities :lol: :P :lol: :lol:

Two words this year: Team Baker!!!!! :wub:

charley

Post by charley » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:53 am

I love strictly but i still struggle sooooo much to watch Alesha. She's so banal and pointless - "well done, its always difficult in your first dance, but you really gave it a go blah blah blah" - always one mark higher than the others - if I don't watch it live, i have to fast forward all her bits. Still, can't wait for Ann and Anton's Salsa :D

choirgirl

Post by choirgirl » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:53 pm

Shocker of a result tonight. Anyone else watching? Totally, totally undeserved IMHO :evil: :(

eponymous85

Post by eponymous85 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:47 am

I know! How could they get rid of him and keep that dreadful daily mail fuelling hatemonger?!
The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by any invader. The mind is a complex and many layered thing.

choirgirl

Post by choirgirl » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:50 am

He was still in tears on It Takes Two today! :( They're still trying to work out why the GBP hates them so much that they got the boot from 4th place on the leaderboard :?

Looking forward to this weekend though. Gavin & Katya doing the quickstep, that'll be funny... I predict he'll fall over her feet/dress :lol: Slightly nervous about Patsy doing Viennese Waltz... fear Wardrobe may dress her like a loo-roll dolly. And AA foxtrotting... or at least, Anton will be!!