5 things I'm thinking today. . .

For anything not related to psychology
workingmama
Team Member

Re: 5 things I'm thinking today. . .

Post by workingmama » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:18 am

Mikel Arteta wrote: 3. Easter time, important time for us Catholics
1. Pesach - an important time for us Jewish :D . Although the joy of Matzah is wearing thin already (5 days to go until bread/cakes/biscuits are on the menu again!) :lol:
2. I'm sat in bed skiving for 5 minutes from revision. I'm still not dressed, and I've got that fuggy, slightly sweaty, working-in-bed feeling.
3. Trying to be very mellow about all possible futures - thy will, not my will and all that jazz
4. I'd love a beagle if you could just turn in on when you fancied a walk. That's why I don't have one. Can someone invent it please?
5. I'm taking enormous pleasure in my new mug from Whittards - Buckingham palace and soldiers with furry hats on. I love monarchy-bilia :D
Fail, fail again, fail better.

FuzzyDuck

Post by FuzzyDuck » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:49 pm

1. Staying motivated is becoming difficult, but I should be lucky that I'm bewildered by choice, and not by having nothing else to do or nowhere to go. I have a portfolio to do, freelance work, invoicing, job hunting, and building up my reputation by sharing what I know on other sites.

2. Really excited by the thought I can now look for work in London, and the opportunities seem so much more exciting there.

3. Still determined to not let it all get the better of me. Keep telling myself I've not just lost my job, I've been given a chance to do something better. I'm not deluded at all :D

4. A proper night out would have been great this weekend. I have a week in Gran Canaria to look forward to the week after next, at least, though it feels like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

5. Also really excited by the thought of turning a new leaf. Woo positive thinking. :mrgreen:

fledgling

Post by fledgling » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:15 pm

1. Why did it not occur to me that all the shops would be shut on Easter Sunday? :roll:
2. At least the freezer is well stocked...slight lack of fresh stuff, but I'm sure I'll survive.
3. Finally upgraded and joined the smartphone generation. Don't quite know what to do with it, but it's shiny! (When did I get so out of touch with technology?)
4. Got my offer in writing yesterday, yay! Still won't sink in.
5. Really should start the essay for my research methods course, but as the main reason for doing the course was to help me prepare for interviews...no longer motivated! :oops:
workingmama wrote:4. I'd love a beagle if you could just turn in on when you fancied a walk. That's why I don't have one. Can someone invent it please?
Some of my dog-loving friends volunteer as walkers for their local dog shelter- you could look into that, workingmama?! Not sure you'd be allowed to pick and choose the breeds though...!
FuzzyDunlop wrote:Keep telling myself I've not just lost my job, I've been given a chance to do something better. I'm not deluded at all :D
I don't think that's deluded, Fuzzy, sounds like a great way of reframing the situation...anyone would think you spend a lot of time around psychologists. :wink:

Mikel Arteta

Post by Mikel Arteta » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:58 pm

1. Happy Easter.
2. I am going to the match tomorrow, playing Sunderland.
3. I am pleased for my friends gaining places on the doctorate
4. I love my family and friends
5. FA cup Semi-Final at the weekend, come on your Blues!!!!!
Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly, all your life
you were only waiting for this moment to arise
:)

Tiggerman

Post by Tiggerman » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:18 pm

Thanks for the support Esuma :)

1. I admire FuzzyDunlop's positive frame of mind
2. I feel somewhat relaxed for the final DClinpsy interview knowing things are beginning to look up job wise
3. Melrose place is my new addiction :shock:
4. Holidays make me not want to go to work!
5. Loving the card I bought close friend :)
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals - Winston Churchill

Mikel Arteta

Post by Mikel Arteta » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:40 pm

workingmama wrote:
Mikel Arteta wrote: 3. Easter time, important time for us Catholics
1. Pesach - an important time for us Jewish :D . Although the joy of Matzah is wearing thin already (5 days to go until bread/cakes/biscuits are on the menu again!) :lol:
2. I'm sat in bed skiving for 5 minutes from revision. I'm still not dressed, and I've got that fuggy, slightly sweaty, working-in-bed feeling.
3. Trying to be very mellow about all possible futures - thy will, not my will and all that jazz
4. I'd love a beagle if you could just turn in on when you fancied a walk. That's why I don't have one. Can someone invent it please?
5. I'm taking enormous pleasure in my new mug from Whittards - Buckingham palace and soldiers with furry hats on. I love monarchy-bilia :D
Get going on the cakes again soon, sounds like lent for us ha ha!
Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly, all your life

Mikel Arteta

Post by Mikel Arteta » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:45 pm

1. Everton won 4-0 even though they rested five players.
2. I love Everton.
3. Wembely on Saturday, can't wait.
4. I am a happy football fan.
5. I'd love it if we won on Saturday, massive game!!

workingmama
Team Member

Post by workingmama » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:59 am

Reader warning: narky post:

1. Helpful older gentleman along my road is being very useful reminding us repeatedly when our bins need putting out on the new council rota (all changes). Has offered to 'pop along anytime and talk partner and I through it'. Am imagining filling gentleman's bin with lime green jelly, and putting him in it.
2. Or superglueing his bin to the pavement so it's out on THE WRONG DAY! Ha!:twisted:
3. Or repeatedly putting my own bins out deliberately on the wrong day for a year.
4. Or doing something <dastardly dog related deed removed from lack of RSPCA compliance> :twisted:
5. I need to get out more :oops:

Esuma

Post by Esuma » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:56 pm

1.) My training start date is officially next Monday- quite excited now!
2.) Still don't know what I'm doing about the play I'm supposed to be seeing
3.) I have no idea what time the training finishes on Monday and the HR lady seemed really uncomfortable when I asked if she knew, and didn't seem like she was going to find out for me... Even if my training finishes at 5 I'll be very lucky to make it to London for the play... Don't know whether to just book my tickets and risk throwing the money down the drain or to just tell my partner I can't make it. Urgh.
4.) I wish my work would just send me some sort of official confirmation about this start date / brief explanation about training etc... these stupid phone calls have really started grating on me!
5.) Had a lovely Easter weekend. My best friend's Hen Do on Saturday, lovely food and a day with the family Sunday*, going to my cute second cousin's birthday and seeing a friend for his birthday Easter Monday.

*Amusing side-note / rant I shall call the agnostic-gate of Easter Sunday. My family to me aren't the slight bit religious. No-one ever talks about God, believing in that kind of thing or otherwise it just isn't an issue in my house. I'm not saying I haven't been raised with 'Christian morals', but to me these aren't exactly only related to Christianity. We've never been to church outside of the typical weddings, funerals, christenings and forced carol services you had to do at school. I haven't been Christian since I was 12, but was Christened (I assumed because it was the done thing at the time). Anyway I thought my nan was about to have a heart attack when she discovered I'm not Christian on Sunday and therefore would not be getting married in church or christening any children I may or may not have. What made me laugh most of all though was that my mum and nan claimed that actually I was Christian because I was Christened, and this therefore meant I still was Christian. The very thought of arguing with someone about their own personal religious beliefs baffles me! Not believing in God seems to be a pretty big issue when it comes to my apparent Christianity to me but oh well! Apparently I won't be getting the 'right start' for myself or any future children by doing this, and it was shocking having been raised in a Christian family. Like I said I've never considered my family Christian, more apathetic about religion in general. I found this whole thing quite hilarious and accusations started jokingly flying around about whose fault it was and who should have taken me to church :lol: My brother who is also agnostic however seemed to escape any negativity when he quietly revealed this at the dinner table!

jade

Post by jade » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:20 pm

1. Start my new job on the 19th!!
2. really looking forward to it now!
3. wish i could start sooner as been off work since 29th march - payday will not be fun!
4. been keeping myself busy sewing lots of stuff for little people - http://www.etsy.com/shop/jadecarr
5. hopes to do some craft type fair things in a few months to be able to sell my creations!
Have you ever thrown a fistful of glitter in the air?

Toria

Post by Toria » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:09 pm

1. I feel sick, urk.
2. I need to get on with some reading. Maybe if study days were renamed "you shouldn't be doing work days" I would actually get something done...
3. Next Tuesday is going to be difficult.
4. But it will be okay, just keep swimming...
5. Looking forward to helping out at my course's interviews next month, hope they have fruit kebabs again :D
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf - Jon Kabat-Zinn

keepcalm1985

Post by keepcalm1985 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:47 pm

1. Day II of icky stomach bug :(
2. Fed up, and exhausted, of being sick.
3. Details of the humongous amount of prep to do for the Essex interview not helping my nausea! :lol:
4. Generally feeling overwhelmed by it all, and a bit inadequate, right now. Bleugh.
5. Must resist urge to prep, and let myself get better first!
"A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist" Sigmund Freud

Blackbubblequeen

Post by Blackbubblequeen » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:49 pm

1) I wonder if i've bitten off more than I can chew with this neuropsychology post - So much to learn in just 6 months :shock:
2) Feeling a bit behind and overwhelmed by my 2 x MSc thesis looming and a 5000 case studies coursework due in soon! :|
3) Thrilled that i've managed to secure myself a paid AP post working in pain management and cardiology :D :D
4) The boyfriend is in the running for a 2 year graduate internship which will take the pressure off! :)
5) Things finally seem to be working out, it's nice to know that all the effort i'm putting in is finally paying off!! :mrgreen:

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:37 pm

1. Had first morning of volunteering today on a ward for older adults. It was good, however I have decided I am going to attempt to get the patients to engage much more with the world rather than just sleep/watch TV!
2. Last two essays due tomorrow before exams, horrible that they are both due on same day, but will be good to get them out of the way :D
3. So far I am feeling relatively positive about being back in Nottingham, I hope this lasts.
4. I wonder how long I can resist eating my Lindt chocolate bunny - it looks so pretty!
5. Slightly gutted exams means I can't go see anymore Norwich City matches

workingmama
Team Member

Post by workingmama » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:28 am

[quote="sarahg13"} 4. I wonder how long I can resist eating my Lindt chocolate bunny - it looks so pretty!
[/quote]

Eat the bunny - you know you want to. If you put him in a pan over the lowest heat possible. you can watch him melt from the bottom upwards, then spoon him up. Yummy. :twisted: