5 things I'm thinking today. . .

For anything not related to psychology
sar302

Re: 5 things I'm thinking today. . .

Post by sar302 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:12 pm

1. While I am gently nagging my supervisor for my clinical reference, the Clearing House is sending me a gently nagging email to remind me my form needs to be sent in still. Circle of life!
2. It is soooooo friggin cold!
3. I don't even have enough milk in the fridge to make a hot chocolate. :(
4. I really need to send in my application form.
5. It's finished... why can't I just hit send?
Never assume that the other fellow has the intelligence to match yours... he may have more...

fledgling

Post by fledgling » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:22 pm

1. Have seriously neglected clinpsy lately. Sincere apologies, I'm a bad fledgling for not returning to visit the nest :oops:
2. Missed the news about baby-Ell- congratulations!!
3. Saw my first client as a solo trainee today! Think it went ok, but not looking forward to listening to the recording...
4. Hmm, family visiting tomorrow and flat currently buried under un-ironed laundry, un-washed dishes and un-filed lecture notes...goodbye Saturday lie-in!
5. Worryingly satisfied by new car's heated windscreen. No numb scraper-fingers and de-icer fumes for me this winter, just sit back and watch it melt...ahh 8) .

astra

Post by astra » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:51 pm

1. Fab day at ACAT course on independent practice yesterday! And I travelled by train and didn't get stranded anywhere!
2. Kevin Bridges was very funny last night - saw him live in York.
3. Not very well today - kidley infection - yuck! ("don't you mean kidney?", "i said kidley, diddle-I?" :lol: )
4. Seeing Oliver tonight in Leeds, hope the antibiotics kick in a bit before that!
5. B-i-L's 50th this weekend, how can our siblings be reaching 50? And M-i-L's 80th in Feb! Old.com!
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn

schizometric

Post by schizometric » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:45 pm

1. Everything is now over besides workshops, placement and thesis.
2. Thesis being... the big scary monster that it is.
3. Neuropsy of dementia teaching went REALLY well yesterday (I think). Was so surprised at how well it went!
4. By far the best part was asking the students to answer a question from the Hayling sentence completion task aloud one by one. Hilarity ensued.
5. I need to acquire some wine for tonight methinks!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

ElizabethB

Post by ElizabethB » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:01 pm

1. Struggling at the moment :cry: :oops: (Still no news- although department expecting results 'any day now', need to start new job to continue with DPsych, really missing my friends in London and generally feeling like I've fallen behind my peers both professionally and personally). All of which is adding to unhelpful initial catastrophizing which I'm trying to move away from and otherwise keep myself busy and occupied. Not easy, but I'm trying to stay busy!
2. Speedy CRB form, hopefully means I can start with this new job soon as need funds to support me through point 1!
3. Starting to see the effects of healthy eating and regular power walks...
4. Christmas has come round really quickly this year.
5. Best of luck to everyone applying for the DClinPsy. :D
"I am different, not less."—Temple Grandin
'A door opened and I went through it!' Temple Grandin
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

PsychPal

Post by PsychPal » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:57 pm

(1) Can't believe it's Friday tomorrow! Weeks go by so quick.
(2) Still loving work, still loving psychology, still loving this career!
(3) To do lists for tomorrow and weekend = done! Well done as in written not done as in complete!
(4) Lost 4 pounds :) just enough for me to notice the difference and to continue with new healthier habits.
(5) Off to see my friend in his amdram show tonight... got to love my friends. Bunch of weirdo's like something of a rom com or indie film but got to love them! Looking forward to it :)
"A failure is not always a mistake; it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real failure is to stop trying" B. F. Skinner

sar302

Post by sar302 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:20 pm

1-4. Loving the DCP conference! First one, so exciting! Learning a lot.
5. Driving to and from Oxford in rush hour is, however, a downer!
Never assume that the other fellow has the intelligence to match yours... he may have more...

schizometric

Post by schizometric » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:08 pm

1. How is it possible to plan a big event and write a thesis at the same time?
2. Deadline, 14th Dec. 4000 words.
3. Use of study day so far: get up, shower.
4. Do have next week on annual leave however, so fingers crossed it'll get done.
5. Weekends are meaningless :P
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Toria

Post by Toria » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Good luck schizometric. You (plus silly amounts of coffee) can do it! :)

1. Finally feeling vaguely healthy
2. Pleased with thoughtful present for in-laws, hope they like it
3. I have lots of mouth ulcers, maybe linked to being ill this week, but most probably stress-related
4. Is there any bonjela in the cupboard?
5. Meeting with new personal tutor at uni went well
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf - Jon Kabat-Zinn

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:15 pm

1. I hate computers
2. I hate computers
3. I hate computers
4. I hate computers
5. I hate computers

aghhhh!!

Campion

Post by Campion » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:38 pm

5: The vomiting bug got me last week and today is the first day I feel normal again; it's a nasty and perfidious little monster. Please, please avoid anyone who so much as looks a bit ill at the moment.

4-1: Kudos to the XBoxLive player who patiently explained he wanted to repay me for my help and then gifted me two of the hardest to find items in the Borderlands 2 game for simply randomly appearing in an online match and being a five minute bullet sponge (when I wasn't running away from the bad guys screaming like a baby). To gift two such items to someone you don't know and who did nothing of note to really help was an incredible act of kindness which has made not just my day but my whole week, thank you. I'll be sure to pass that act of kindess on to someone else (once I've taken time to enjoy it for myself).

Campion.
'Think how many blameless lives are brightened by the blazing indiscretions of other people.' - Saki.

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:47 pm

1. the last 2 weeks have completely disarmed me, and i felt that i had lost a handle on all aspects of my life.
2. today i feel some of that is back - not feeling so stressed and im heading back to 'in control'
3. finished a giant neuropsych report - woop!
4. had a good time at the DCP conference in Oxford, few people recognised me and said hello and went to some interesting talks!
5. tomorrow im going to watch the original Gremlins in the cinema. I actually cannot wait.
You're not calling for help, are you?! ;)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln.

astra

Post by astra » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:32 pm

1. Need to sort out my client who never comes to sessions - therapy just ain't gonna work that way.
2. bored due to aforementioned failure to attend
3. hungry coz it feels like nearly dinner time ( :shock: it's 4.30pm)
4. I could just go home but I need to be here to have done the hours to be able to leave early on Friday, which I need to do, which feels a bit silly really.
5. Hmm! Dinner. . . what to have. . .?
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn

AmyRachel

Post by AmyRachel » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:38 pm

1. Got very drunk with old workmates on friday. Glad I didn't have to go into that office this morning.
2. This time tomorrow I will be on my way to Paris :-D, Mickey Mouse here we come.
3. I wish my referees would write my damn references!
4. I pretty much got an easy ride this morning in work putting up a Christmas tree.
5. I wish I could get that One Direction song out of my head.

astra

Post by astra » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:53 am

1. What is it with client's not turning up this week? If I have to be here you could all jolly well turn up and keep me company!
2. Husband has a scary meeting at work today and may end up resigning as a result - things have been a bit 5h1t for him lately.
3. I'm now out every night this week, I'll be a zombie by the weekend.
4. I have lots to look forward to this week but can't get away from the fact I'm just going to be so tired!
5. More coffee then, if my client's not coming. . .