5 things I'm thinking today. . .

For anything not related to psychology
mungle

Re: 5 things I'm thinking today. . .

Post by mungle » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:13 pm

Thanks Mishi!
I'd had my head buried in a formulation and therapeutic letter for a client I'm struggling with.
Doing better today!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
firegal
Team Member

Post by firegal » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:57 pm

1. Qualified job for October secured!
2. Day on placement finishing better than how it started
3. Number 2 is often the case, but I still can't shake my dislike of this placement
4. Looking forward to a lovely weekend celebrating a friend's birthday
5. Excited by all the pretty things I ordered for the house in a brief moment of retail therapy that happened between the "I don't think that interview went well" and the phonecall that suggested it hadn't gone quite as badly as I thought :D

Victoriomantic

Post by Victoriomantic » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:36 pm

firegal wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:57 pm
1. Qualified job for October secured!
Me too! I just came here to say the same, but for post-HI :lol:

Congratulations firegal!! Well deserved :)

mungle

Post by mungle » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:50 am

Congratulations firegal and Victoriomantic!

workingmama
Team Member

Post by workingmama » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:50 pm

Good news both! Well done!
Fail, fail again, fail better.

lingua_franca

Post by lingua_franca » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:30 am

1.) My boyfriend broke up with me on Friday, after barely a month together, and it seemed to come out of nowhere. My heart is a bit squashed around the edges, not least because this is the first relationship I've had after developing PTSD, and it took me four years to feel ready to try anything like this. This guy is a good friend, and although we should be able to stay friends, it's hard not to feel rejected after such a short space of time. Ow. Chocolate. That helps. Tea, chocolate, and cats (the latter not as a comestible).
2.) I was supposed to travel abroad with him this summer. He has suggested we still do it, just as friends. I need to decide if my heart can handle that.
3.) Congrats firegal and Victoriomantic! :D Seeing other people's good news does help a bit.
4.) I had a journal article rejection today with some incredibly caustic comments from the dreaded Reviewer Two. That hasn't helped much with mood either. As a junior academic, I've only been invited to peer review an article three times, but each of those times I worked really hard on sounding courteous even when I had a critical point to make. I hope I never forget how gutting it can feel to get a snarky anonymous review as I become more senior.
5.) My kitten is annoying my cat much less. He isn't quite such a high-energy furball as he was. Only 80% of the time instead of 90% of it (aaaand now he's trying to get all over the keyboard!).
"Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.
- A.A. Milne.