5 things I'm thinking today. . .

For anything not related to psychology
jade

Re: 5 things I'm thinking today. . .

Post by jade » Thu May 17, 2012 8:19 pm

1. Not been on here in ages!
2. have jet lag after an amazing week in Vancouver! suffering big time today
3. settling in to my new job, lots to learn but all very interesting!
4. planning on winning the Euro Millions tomorrow
5. yawn sleepy
Have you ever thrown a fistful of glitter in the air?

Tiggerman

Post by Tiggerman » Fri May 18, 2012 3:02 pm

1. All these 'bits' of experience and nothing to show for it? Not entirely true but feels that way
2. Enjoying where I'm at at the moment, I like change. But also feel like i'm becoming 'aware' again
3. Man!
4. Their scoring criteria SUCK
5. Money, money money, always sunny, in a rich man's world!
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals - Winston Churchill

eponymous85

Post by eponymous85 » Fri May 18, 2012 3:07 pm

1. I LOVE my placement
2. I wish they would give me a job
3. If you are curious about what eponymous looks like right now, imagine a pair of glasses peeking over a teetering tower of notes
4. Feel so tired I could cry
5. would we get ANY admin done without DNA's?
The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by any invader. The mind is a complex and many layered thing.

turts

Post by turts » Sat May 19, 2012 4:15 pm

1: I'm going to be an actual clinical psychologist!!
2: i can't wait to start
3: I'm annoyed with myself - I stopped bitting my nails last July, since i found out I've accidentally bitten them All off... I must be anxious...
4: mortgages are confusing
5: I'm looking at houses on Monday- how grown uP!!

tarasian

Post by tarasian » Sun May 20, 2012 9:41 pm

1. life is rubbish right now.
i cant think of anything else to think about :(

bex4010

Post by bex4010 » Sun May 20, 2012 10:29 pm

tarasian wrote:1. life is rubbish right now.
I'm sorry to hear that :( Hope things can / will improve soon and that you have support around you x

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Mon May 21, 2012 8:40 am

tarasian wrote:1. life is rubbish right now.
:( I really hope you do feel better soon.

semele

Post by semele » Mon May 21, 2012 4:27 pm

1. 1st clinpsy interview soon...massively underprepared but going to just take it easy and try to be reflective and personal rather than cram.

2. Haven't a clue where to go with the presentation part though!

3. Funding came through last week for my Plan B option, so have had to confirm that in order to secure it- feel a bit deceitful now. Was really hoping I wouldn't find out about it until I knew whether or not I had a clinpsy place, so I wouldn't be in the possible position of having to go back on it. Feel like I'd be letting down a lot of people who put time into getting me that place/funding :?

4. Still, that assumes I'll get onto a clinpsy course, which is a long shot at best! Most likely will never be an issue and it takes the pressure off to have a very attractive, moderately short-term, Plan B in place.

5. Due to issues of location, relationships etc, Plan B is becoming maybe more attractive than my long-held Plan A...cue massive life anxiety! What is this?? Is this growing up??? I don't know if I like it...
“People know what they do; frequently they know why they do what they do; but what they don't know is what what they do does.”
― Michel Foucault, Madness and Civilization: A History of Insanity in the Age of Reason

FuzzyDuck

Post by FuzzyDuck » Mon May 21, 2012 6:15 pm

1. Think I've finally found a London gaff. Yay!

2. Had a nice run with the doggies in the sunshine. Was amused to see Archie trying to climb the trees to get at the birds and squirrels.

3. Feeling decidedly less anxious, probably due in part to the lovely weather.

4. Turned on Spotify and found out there's a new Admiral Fallow album. YAY! *swoons*

5. Is probably going to listen to nothing else all week.

astra

Post by astra » Tue May 22, 2012 11:24 am

1. Stiches out today, wasn't bad, hand still firmly attached.
2. Loving having some time off, read up loads on EMDR, mindfulness and this:-
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Living-Like-You ... 962&sr=8-1
which I'd definitely recommend for both personal and professional development purposes!
3. Practicing quite a lot of mindfulness meditation this last 2 weeks and finding it an increasingly positive experience.
4. Enjoying having the time to cook and eat real food a bit more often.
5. Starting writing a book too, slowly though as the one handed typing is still a developing skill! (not supposed to do anything too repetitive or strenuous with my recently operated hand)
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn

jemma.c

Post by jemma.c » Tue May 22, 2012 2:59 pm

1. I just got a job! :D :D
2. It's a TA in a SEN school which is great experience for my hopeful ed psych future :)
3. I thought the interview went terribly, but they must have liked something about me.
4. Now all I want to do is celebrate but I've got a dissertation to finish
5....or start :roll: :oops:

JCBird

Post by JCBird » Tue May 22, 2012 9:05 pm

1. Going down to London tomorrow to stay overnight before my interview at IOP on Thursday.
2. Don't know which I'm more anxious about - my interview or going to London on my own?!
3. Two and a half months is definitely way too long to wait for an interview. Rollercoaster of emotions or what!
4. Debating between more interview prep and criminal minds...
5. Definitely criminal minds.. maybe with a glass of wine. Yes yes yes.

Tiggerman

Post by Tiggerman » Tue May 22, 2012 11:39 pm

1. What a hectic few days it has been!
2. Abstract somewhat complete
3. Back to new job tomorrow, hope they go easy on me :)
4. Nice to have a break from other job for next few days, been over working myself!
5. Roll on weekend and lie ons!
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals - Winston Churchill

FuzzyDuck

Post by FuzzyDuck » Wed May 23, 2012 12:52 am

JCBird wrote:2. Don't know which I'm more anxious about - my interview or going to London on my own?!
Having been in this exact same situation a few weeks ago, I can safely say that the anxiety of one will cancel out the other. Preferably the interview anxiety cancels out the lone adventurer anxiety. :mrgreen:

I chose to write everything I needed for both on different sides of the same piece of paper, in my back pocket. So if I wasn't sure where I was headed, I could read through the notes about landmarks and roads and such like on one side, and if I was anxious about bits of the interview on the journey, and before I got to the interview, I could turn the page over and read my 'revision notes'. :D

This makes it seem like I actually had a plan. It was really last minute fumbling about in a hotel since I had nothing else to do.

But still, even though it appears daunting, try not to let the fact you're going to London on your own distract you from the purpose of travelling there.

Peach

Post by Peach » Wed May 23, 2012 7:20 pm

1. Feeling really relaxed after a nice holiday :D
2. Whilst away I read a book for enjoyment for the first time in 5 years!! I forgot how much I love reading and definitely plan to read more and also spend less time on the internet as these were two things I enjoyed whilst away.
3. Finding it really hard to get back into my normal routine as I keep wishing I was still on holiday
4. Really like the new google doodle, i've spent far too much time playing and recording songs on there today :D
5. I can't wait til my best friend finishes her course so we can spend some quality time together, I really miss her.
The best thing about this signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything, it's too late for you to stop reading.