5 things I'm thinking today. . .

For anything not related to psychology
jade

Re: 5 things I'm thinking today. . .

Post by jade » Sun May 27, 2012 11:17 pm

1. well done to everyone with a course place this year!
2. Loving the weather this weekend, but its a little too hot to be at work.
3. really liking my new job, lots to learn but think I'm getting there slowly!
4. 7.5 weeks until day one of new tattoo, cannot wait!
5. looking forward to June...4 day weekend, harry potter studio tour and Red Hot Chili Peppers at Knebworth. sounds good!
6. Roll on payday thursday!
Have you ever thrown a fistful of glitter in the air?

Toria

Post by Toria » Mon May 28, 2012 11:03 am

1. I have hayfever eyes and probably look like I am crying in the library
2. I might well be crying in the library by the end of today - wafflewafflewaffle
3. Fabulous weekend, think first day back at proper work tomorrow will be a drag
4. Am looking forward to delivering some training to med students though
5. I need a time machine to get from Worksop to Solihull in less than an hour during rush hour :alien:
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf - Jon Kabat-Zinn

bedsap

Post by bedsap » Mon May 28, 2012 1:52 pm

1. Waiting for a letter to come through my letterbox, don't think it'll be good news
2. If I 'know' it's bad news, why am I awaiting it so excitedly?
3. Is it because I want closure or I secretly think I have a chance?
4. I secretly think I have a chance
5. Don't want to get too optimistic because then it could end up in a big crash

and the cycle continues.. :D

Tiggerman

Post by Tiggerman » Tue May 29, 2012 1:57 pm

1. Calm, just take a deep breath.....
2. Why is it, that just when I reach a point where I think I am actually feeling okay about what I'm doing, I go and talk to other people and then all my work is gone out the window! I put too much pressure on myself.
3. I get my first pay check very soon!
4. :?
5. My rebellious child ego is trying to raise its head!
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals - Winston Churchill

astra

Post by astra » Wed May 30, 2012 10:00 pm

1. I'm signed off for another week, still getting some pain in my wrist from the surgery, but then it is only 3 weeks.
2. Being off work has allowed me to do lots of things I wouldn't have got done otherwise, like geting a new bathroom fitted.
3. I don't mean I've fitted it myself, I've got some men in.
4. That would be wierd if my poorly wrist meant I couldn't sit and talk to people all day but could fit a bathroom!
5. Being off has also made me think a lot about my work life balance, I've still not got it right, I do 9-3 x 4 days a week and one half day but that means I get no time to do housey jobs or take time just for me. on the half day I basically finish at 1 and have to pick Small up at 3.40 - I had fantasised about all the things I could do with that half day when I reduced my hours but as it turns out it only amounts to 2 hours off and half an hour travel time. realistically I can get one thing done in that time - a grocery shop done and put away, or a bit of tidying & laundry at home, or doing the bills and money, or a bit of gardening, or pop to the gym/pool, but not all of the above, not by a long way. And at the moment that half day is eaten up by a regular appt my daughter has anyway. I'm wondering if I should work fewer longer days and pay for out of school childcare, reduce my hours further, or what? (that was just one thought, it was just a little multi-faceted!)
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn

workingmama
Team Member

Post by workingmama » Thu May 31, 2012 6:53 am

astra wrote:5. Being off has also made me think a lot about my work life balance, I've still not got it right...I'm wondering if I should work fewer longer days and pay for out of school childcare, reduce my hours further, or what? (that was just one thought, it was just a little multi-faceted!)
When you figure that one out (and whether it's even possible!), you'll let me know, won't you?! :roll: x

1. Filthy weather here today
2. Sometimes I get why 'may you live in interesting times' is intended as a curse, rather than a blessing
3. 'Sold' house at weekend, but they pulled out two days later when they found they couldn't get the money together. Puh.
4. Worry, worry, worry, worry, worry, worry.
5. MUST have one positive thing - umm - um - aha! Bought lovely cheery children's clothes at favourite clothes website, and looking forward to seeing children in said vetements.
Fail, fail again, fail better.

ell

Post by ell » Thu May 31, 2012 10:34 am

1) Having fallen a little bit in love with Soton yesterday, I am oddly a lot more nervous about RHUL today. Strange considering it's now a very low down 3rd choice for me.
2) Mr ell is 'presenting' to a bunch of Germans (I think, they sound German) in our spare room/study. The wonders of modern technology. Extra wondrous considering 10 minutes before the presentation he was in his dressing gown.
3) Can't wait for this week to be over.
4) Wish I didn't feel so nervous and uncomfy.
5) Wish I didn't feel dream so vividly, still feeling stressed from last night's 'events'.

astra

Post by astra » Thu May 31, 2012 2:30 pm

1.Eventful morning! On way to hospital appt for my daughter I managed to "rear-end" the car in front of me at some speed, causing air-bags to go off. :oops: :oops: :oops:
2. luckily the only damage was to the cars and people's nerves, no actual injuries incurred. :D
3. Now I have the hassle of arranging a courtesy car with hand controls and waiting to see if they'll repair or write off my car. Cant decide whether I want it written off or repaired - there's pros and cons both ways. :?
4. Feeling remarkably calm about the whole thing, mindfullness practice is paying off, I can't change what happened, I'm grateful no people were hurt, I'm living and breathing with no injuries. 8)
5. My new bathroom is really taking shape and looking nice. :D
From the point of view of mindfulness, as long as you're breathing there's more right with you than wrong with you. Jon Kabat-Zinn

astra

Post by astra » Thu May 31, 2012 2:31 pm

PS Workingmama, when I find the answer you'll be the first to know :wink:

Tiggerman

Post by Tiggerman » Thu May 31, 2012 7:20 pm

1-5. I cannot believe I got a place!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals - Winston Churchill

workingmama
Team Member

Post by workingmama » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:58 am

astra wrote:PS Workingmama, when I find the answer you'll be the first to know :wink:
Thinking of you and your daughter, and the other car's folks today. Glad you're all bodily okay, and hope the practicalities go smoothly.
x
Fail, fail again, fail better.

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:07 pm

1 - 4: Still no word from UEA..
5. Got a job interview though...
You're not calling for help, are you?! ;)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln.

tarasian

Post by tarasian » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:47 pm

1. passed my PMVA training today - good to know that i can now tackle clients to the ground if de-escalation doesnt work!
2. after a long hot week wrestling other staff to the floor i can now change out of my trackies and put on normal clothes!
3. Its FRIDAY!
4. Long weekend for the jubilee!
5. Its 5.45 and i am cracking into the first bottle of cider for the evening :P :drunken:

Tiggerman

Post by Tiggerman » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:13 pm

tarasian wrote:Its 5.45 and i am cracking into the first bottle of cider for the evening :P :drunken:
I am about to pour myself a cool glass of rose wine, cheers! ;)

1. I had such a lovely day yesterday. I can't imagine it being any different, well maybe talking more to my best friend about it, but seeing her tonight so we'll celebrate then :) My OH was so very sweet and thoughtful with his flowers and champagne and what not, and my family were so happy for me :) I am also very lucky to have colleagues who were genuinely happy for me which really added to my happiness :) I feel very lucky all round.
2. Looking forward to more celebrations tonight :)
3. I don't think I will ever forget that amazing moment, its unreal, its really worth the last few years hard work!
4 - 5 I'm just happy, looking forward to making the most out of the next three years and learning as much as I can :)

schizometric

Post by schizometric » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:00 pm

1. Right, one more day on this presentation and that will be that.
2. Time to procrastinate and look at NHS jobs.
3. It's coooold
4. Seems to be break-up season in my world. Always roughly between May and July. Wonder why?
5. I can't wait til my dog is all healed from his castration, poor boy.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.