5 things I'm thinking today. . .

For anything not related to psychology
Geishawife
Team Member

Re: 5 things I'm thinking today. . .

Post by Geishawife » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:50 pm

Sorry to hear about your daughter, Miriam. That must have been very tough for all of you. I hope she's bouncing around again soon.
1 - 5) SO, SO thankful my husband's family have not been affected by the horrendous typhoon in Jspan. My heart goes out to any and all who have suffered.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:33 pm

Geishawife wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:50 pm
Sorry to hear about your daughter, Miriam. That must have been very tough for all of you. I hope she's bouncing around again soon.
Thanks. She was back at school today, bickering with her sister and literally bouncing around like she had a pogo stick at one point this evening. So I'd say she's definitely on the mend. Just a nasty rash left, where the contacts for the ambulatory ECG were over the weekend.
Geishawife wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:50 pm
1 - 5) SO, SO thankful my husband's family have not been affected by the horrendous typhoon in Jspan. My heart goes out to any and all who have suffered.
Indeed. It is hard to imagine how frightening and devastating being in the path of a typhoon or hurricane must be, and the worry it must cause to all those in the area, or with a loved one there, even for those lucky enough to be unharmed physically.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

mungle

Post by mungle » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:30 pm

1. It's been a while since a client has been this late
2. CPD is great but after a day of training I'm on catch up for the rest of the week
3. Singed up to a hobby once a week which is great but each week I think...I could just sleep this evening....and yet I'm really glad I go
4. Only 1 episode of Bake Off left!
5. Loving the autumn colours and crisp days

MindfulPsych

Post by MindfulPsych » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:09 pm

1-5. I got offered a position as a Trainee High Intensity Therapist! Absolutely over the moon! :D

lingua_franca

Post by lingua_franca » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:11 pm

1.) At the beginning of the month I spent five days as a psychiatric inpatient. I think that short week will be informing my professional life for a long time to come. It was an eye-opening experience. It also left me with a lot of hope. There was one conversation with a psychiatrist and another with a lovely kind-hearted HCA that felt life-changing, even though on the surface they were so simple. Whenever I catch myself thinking that I can't possibly make a difference to someone because I don't have enough resources/skills/time, I'll remember those two and what they managed to achieve for me in such a short space of time.
2.) I've got an allotment now! I'm very excited. The idea of putting seeds in the earth and getting edibles out feels like sorcery. I know nothing about growing anything, but I love being in the outdoors, and I'm keen to learn.
3.) I ordered some wide-leg jeans in a sale and I was so excited because they actually had them available in longer length, and it's quite rare that I find affordable trousers that are long enough to accommodate my giraffe legs. They've mistakenly posted me a pair of cropped skinny jeans in a totally different colour and a size too small. The ones I wanted are now out of stock. I'm miffed.
4.) What shall I make for tea tonight? I've got lots of leftover lentil soup but I feel like eating something delicious and unhealthy.
5.) My manuscript is almost done. Perhaps today will be the day it goes to the editor. I have a feeling it will...
Last edited by lingua_franca on Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.
- A.A. Milne.

lingua_franca

Post by lingua_franca » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:11 pm

MindfulPsych wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:09 pm
1-5. I got offered a position as a Trainee High Intensity Therapist! Absolutely over the moon! :D
Congratulations!! :D
"Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.
- A.A. Milne.

MindfulPsych

Post by MindfulPsych » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:14 pm

lingua_franca wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:11 pm
MindfulPsych wrote:
Congratulations!! :D
Thank you so much! It feels amazing and I cannot wait to start! :D

Victoriomantic

Post by Victoriomantic » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:41 pm

MindfulPsych wrote:
Congratulations!!! I remember you saying a year ago that you were a keen bean getting cracking on your KSA :lol: All the best with it, good luck!!

Lingua, I hope you're feeling better. Thank you for sharing with us. I'm glad there were compassionate staff that were inspiring. x

MindfulPsych

Post by MindfulPsych » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:40 am

Victoriomantic wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:41 pm
MindfulPsych wrote:
Congratulations!!! I remember you saying a year ago that you were a keen bean getting cracking on your KSA :lol: All the best with it, good luck!!
Thank you so much! I am so pleased! You must be qualified or almost qualified now Victoriomantic? :D

Victoriomantic

Post by Victoriomantic » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:26 am

Yep! :) Started my first qualified post 3 weeks ago, just waiting on final confirmation that I've passed and then graduate next month. It's hard work but you'll rock it I'm sure :D

nomnom

Post by nomnom » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:18 pm

1. I am so busy. With work and generally just life. I am enjoying both but something tells me that the balance is not right as I am feeling very tired, sleep is poor and the days seem to be flying past.

2. I am doing extra work with IESO and Pulse which is great learning experience. The money doesn't hurt! But I feel like I need to reflect if this is something I want to maintain in the long term alongside a full time job.

3. House hunting to buy is very frustrating at the moment. The market is really slow. I know why but I can't stop myself from getting annoyed as I reallu want my own place and to feel like I am moving. It has been a goal for such a long time and I really would like this to be somewhat sorted by the end of the year...hoping anyway!

4. I am looking forward to two weeks off at Christmas. Not because of anything other than the fact I will be able to do very little :D

5. It is SO cold already!!!
'Forget what hurt you. But remember what it taught you'

SheRa

Post by SheRa » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:23 am

Hi Nomnom,
I'm thinking about taking on work with IESO, do you know how much they pay per session? For CBT?
By the Power of Grey Skull!

SheRa

Post by SheRa » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:39 am

1. I am not going to pay for things via PayPal again when buying from certain online high street shops, too much hassle getting the refund on returns.
2. I am not going to organise the work Christmas do again, how hard is it to reply to an email asking for your food choice??
3. Sorry sister, I am not going to empathise with you complaining about school/nursery Christmas events pressure, when you chose to have 3 children. Seems I was the only one who got the memo on parenting being extremely hard work.
4. 2 cancellations, phew, had 6 people booked in
5. Ok so The Crown is quite good
By the Power of Grey Skull!

nomnom

Post by nomnom » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:30 pm

SheRa wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:23 am
Hi Nomnom,
I'm thinking about taking on work with IESO, do you know how much they pay per session? For CBT?
Hi SheRa,

They pay £40 per session and £20 for the first two DNA/cancelled appointments after which this is 0 due to the rationale that this impacts engagement and appointments may be better served for someone else.

nomnom
'Forget what hurt you. But remember what it taught you'

workingmama
Team Member

Post by workingmama » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:42 am

lingua_franca wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:11 pm
1.) At the beginning of the month I spent five days as a psychiatric inpatient. I think that short week will be informing my professional life for a long time to come. It was an eye-opening experience. It also left me with a lot of hope. There was one conversation with a psychiatrist and another with a lovely kind-hearted HCA that felt life-changing, even though on the surface they were so simple. Whenever I catch myself thinking that I can't possibly make a difference to someone because I don't have enough resources/skills/time, I'll remember those two and what they managed to achieve for me in such a short space of time.
I'm so sorry to read of your illness this month. Sending hugs and every possible good wish for a continued recovery and return to wellness x,
Fail, fail again, fail better.