Therapy prioritisation in psychosis

This section is for questions relating to therapy, assessment, formulation and other aspects of working with people in mental health services.

ah806

Therapy prioritisation in psychosis

Post by ah806 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:42 pm

Bit of a long shot - I'm working in an EIS service atm and the psychologist wanted me to ask on this group as to whether any other APs in other EIP services whether they have used a priority ranking for psychological therapy for their referrals ? Which factors would be considered weighted higher in priority? The waitlist is insane (approx 4 months) so I'm casting my net wide to see what info I can find from other EIS services

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
olive

Re: Therapy prioritisation in psychosis

Post by olive » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:53 pm

Hi, I'm an AP in an EIS. We don't prioritise our waiting list.. just go through it by date they were referred from a care coordinator, I guess we just felt that was most fair. The only client I know we've ever prioritised was a lady who had just had a baby. Interesting thought though.. I'd be interested to hear what other services are doing,

baa

Post by baa » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:04 pm

I would always prioritise veterans who's mh difficulties were due to their service I'm some way, as well as perinatal women (up to a year after the child's birth). Those are standard prioritising criteria from NICE and the veterans charter thingy.
At least I'm not as mad as that one!

baa

Post by baa » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:06 pm

I'm not in EIS, but as far as I know those should be standard.
At least I'm not as mad as that one!