PBS & The Role of ClinPsy

This section is for questions relating to therapy, assessment, formulation and other aspects of working with people in mental health services.

Esuma

PBS & The Role of ClinPsy

Post by Esuma » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:27 pm

Hi all. I’m looking for some advice and info about PBS. I’m currently working as an AP in a residential school for children and young adults with Autism, and currently they’re consulting and considering implementing PBS more officially within the service. It's already mostly in place within our department but they’re looking to make it more official and train everyone within the service in it in addition to higher level training for us.

I’m hoping to get some general information about how PBS looks in other services, so any info from anyone who has worked within a PBS service or currently works in one would be great!

Who is the clinical lead within the service? What is the role of the Clinical Psychologist within these services? What training does everyone have within the organisation?

We are looking at getting training and had been looking at the BILD coaching training (train the trainer level) so that as a service we can deliver more basic training for all staff such as support workers etc. However I’ve recently been made aware of some controversies with this training. Is anyone aware of this? What training have you had / do you know of or would recommend?

Is there any reading that anyone would recommend around PBS?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf