New moderators, team members and social media content creators required

The guidance for posting on www.ClinPsy.org.uk and any comments on the forum, suggestions for improvements, etc. Also information about our e-magazine, Aspire, and how to contribute or download your copy.
miriam
Site Admin

New moderators, team members and social media content creators required

Post by miriam » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:47 am

We've lost some of our longstanding admin and moderation team to the demands of parenting, new jobs and the very sensible desire to have a better work-life balance during 2019. We have also said farewell to Zoe, who did a lot of the twitter and social media content for the site for many years. I can't do everything myself, so we need to ensure that there is an active group of contributors steering the forum and ensuring that we continue to develop to meet the needs of our users in 2020.

If you want to play a role in keeping this site as helpful and active as possible and have some time to volunteer over the coming year, do let me know.

In particular, please let me know if you'd like to be more involved in the forum team in any of the following ways:
- checking and updating the wiki content
- identifying and compiling new wiki posts
- writing articles for our e-magazine, Aspire
- conducting or contributing to research about the way the forum is used
- ensuring new users can find relevant content
- reminding users to follow the guidance for using the forum
- organising clubs and events in the LiveChat space - eg Q&A sessions, interview preparation sessions, journal club, discussion of case vignettes etc - and archiving the resulting chat for the reference of those who were not able to participate (you can see some archived examples of prior LiveChats in the members section)

Users who have made 100+ posts, check in to the site almost every week, and have been a member for 12 months or more can also apply to join our moderating team who:
- respond to reports and queries from users
- move threads to the right places
- delete spam
- move inappropriate content to the moderators' area for discussion
- contribute to discussions about moderating decisions
- ensure that the guidance/rules for users are appropriate and carried through in a way that sustains a positive culture on the forum
- check new registrations against spammer lists and approving genuine applications
- set up the big clinical applications results thread

We are also seeking a social media lead for ClinPsy. This person will promote hot topics from the forum, the wiki content, my blog, and issues relevant to psychology from the media on the clinpsy twitter account (which also reposts on our facebook page)* in a regular pattern, ensuring we tweet each day and continue to be seen as a thought leader in the field and accumulate followers with an interest in psychology. You will be able to pick out reliable sources and a wide variety of topics of interest to psychologists, so that I can add adverts, and my own topical/political content on an ad hoc basis.

Contributing to the forum in this way can be good for your CV, and a good way to put something back into this community if you have found it helpful. So I hope that we can gather a new group to take things forward.

*even if you don't get the above role, you are welcome to retweet our content and/or to tag me in to posts that might be relevant for our 7000+ followers
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

lingua_franca

Re: New moderators, team members and social media content creators required

Post by lingua_franca » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:19 pm

I'd be happy to help write and update wiki content, to contribute to Aspire, and to signpost new users to helpful material.
"Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
"Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
Piglet was comforted by this.
- A.A. Milne.

Mishi

Post by Mishi » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:15 pm

Hi, i would be happy to write articles for aspire.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:42 pm

Aspire articles need to be submitted to clinpsyforum@gmail.com please.
Happy to make you a team member when I do the reshuffle, Lingua.
Miriam

chixta

Post by chixta » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:26 pm

Happy to help - I’m more of a lurker these days but if I can help I will 😊

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:40 pm

Thanks chixta!
Miriam

wendypan

Post by wendypan » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:50 pm

I am been a longtime lurker who just now decided it was time to create an account here, however, I am more than happy to help :) I could write articles for your e-magazine and conduct and/or contribute to research about the way the forum is used. Also, I could offer support with being your social media lead - I make youtube videos about my undergraduate studies, so am quite used to using social media platforms.

Let me know :D

anonymouseUK

Post by anonymouseUK » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:59 am

I would love to offer to help but at present I'm such a new member I'm getting used to the site so I would want to be useful first

I just wanted to say, I'm so glad I found this forum and that I've been accepted to be a forum member and intend to contribute in the ethic spirit of this great forum.

It must take so much time so thank for running it and I hope to become a useful member.