PWP training

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
Qwerty

PWP training

Post by Qwerty » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:04 am

Good morning,

Are the PWP training positions for London advertised on the NHS jobs website? ANy idea when they will be advertised for the next intake?

Cheers.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Qwerty

Re: PWP training

Post by Qwerty » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:05 am

Oops...a follow up question!

Does anyone know if the application is the generic application form on NHS jobs website or if it is a different form?

Again...thanks.

Psychological

Post by Psychological » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:20 pm

Hey Qwerty,

The PWP posts for London are usually advertised on the NHS jobs site around May/June time. They use the same form as usual, but you may have to write certain things in the personal statement section such as your preferences of where you would like to train.

Good luck!

Qwerty

Post by Qwerty » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:14 pm

Thanks very much for your help!

Qwerty

Post by Qwerty » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:13 pm

I have seen a PWP trainee position advertised where you attend an " intensive version of the Postgraduate Certificate in Low Intensity Interventions ". It is a four month course. Does anyone know how this compares to the regular trainee positions?

nono

Post by nono » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:03 pm

^I've applied for that but found it a little bit strange myself...
I always thought that the regular courses can take up to a year and you attend training part-time once or twice a week while also working part-time using your new skills while you learn them. I think that there is a wiki about this but I'll have to check again as it's been a while since I looked into that section of the forum! If it is there I'm sure that it will answer most our questions.

I think what's good about this is that the advert states that you still get paid for your training and once you qualify you're still eligible to apply for band 5 posts. Doing the intensive version of the course would mean that you would qualify quicker, right?
What's also good is that they are looking to appoint 20 trainees so I guess that increases people's chances although I don't believe that I will get on myself as I haven't got as much experience as other people. Still there's no harm in applying i guess :).

Good luck to you if you applied!

DMB88

Post by DMB88 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:49 pm

Hi

I applied for the intensive London PWP positions too.
Saw it closed early on the 10th. Was wondering if anyone had heard anything yet? :)

orangejuice

Post by orangejuice » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:57 pm

Has anyone heard anything back after the interviews for Liverpool and Wirral?

haymond

Post by haymond » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:45 pm

I had a look at the IAPT trainee post that offers an intensive training. If I remembered correctly, it was from a North east london trust (?), and once qualified you will only be able to work for that trust.

Dr.Dot

Post by Dr.Dot » Mon May 12, 2014 7:27 pm

It seems that the London recruitment for PWP's starting this autumn is not going through NHS jobs.

Apply direct to UCL: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-studen ... ppsyslcb01

Closes on the 27th of May.

Good luck!

Dot
Dorothy: Now which way do we go?

Qwerty

Post by Qwerty » Thu May 15, 2014 2:02 pm

Hello,

I have been looking through the handbook for the London trainee PWP posts. Am I right in thinking that the salary is £18,838 + Inner/Outer/Fringe London Weighting, depending on where you are based?

Qwerty.