IAPT Advice??

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
josier22

IAPT Advice??

Post by josier22 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:53 pm

Hi,

Im currently completing my MSc and Im looking at applying for the IAPT course...Im just very confused as to the application? Ive noticed on the UCL process that they are taking applications now to start in March is there two rounds, one again in May?
And are there any NHS funded routes in the South West...I can see that Exeter do the course but it seems that its self-funded?
Any help much appreciated! :)

Ppepper25

Re: IAPT Advice??

Post by Ppepper25 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:14 am

For a non self funded course you'll need to look on NHS jobs for trainee pwp or high intensity therapist jobs. The Devon service were recently recruiting for trainee pwps although I'm unsure if they still are now.

the-bengologist

Post by the-bengologist » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:34 am

London pwp courses are slightly different to other courses around the country as I think UCL has 3 intakes per year as a result of successful trials in a new rapid PWP course that trains people quicker than traditional courses (probably just teaching the essential interventions) . I read this recently in one of the BABCP publications I think it was CBT today (October edition).

Tabitha

Post by Tabitha » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:13 pm

Iapt services in south west (from my knowledge) Hampshire you have Italk (Eastleigh, Winchester Fareham Gosport new forest Havant etc), talking change (Portsmouth), steps to wellbeing in Southampton (also covers in Dorset??) They go to Southampton university for training.

Wiltshire is LIFT psychology mainly I think, so bath, Salisbury, Swindon, I think they train in reading uni? And not sure of Exeter...

Correct me if I am wrong!
Just look up jobs going for pwps on NHS jobs :)