PG Certificate Low Intensity CBT Interview

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
Purplebear

PG Certificate Low Intensity CBT Interview

Post by Purplebear » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:54 pm

So I wondered if anyone had any knowledge of this. I got offered a trainee PWP post. I now have to have a brief (20 min) interview for the PG certificate. The service lead said this was a formality as I have a BA and MSci and it was just for the University to check eligibility for the course, but the email for the course interview seemed quite formal and official, making it seem less like a formality! Since I've already been offered the post, do I need to worry about this interview? What can I do to prepare? I'm just feeling anxious that something could still go wrong even though I have secured the job! I really, really want to do it so that's why. Anyone got any ideas of what to expect in the university interview side of things?

Tabitha

Re: PG Certificate Low Intensity CBT Interview

Post by Tabitha » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:31 pm

I would always prep for an interview- chances are it will be the same as the other candidates. One interview for the workplace another for the University- mine were held together in one big interview. Have a look around this forum for advice and ideas- and always be prepared for a sneaky role-play, just in case! Congratulations on getting a place though!

dk00112

Post by dk00112 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:52 pm

I think it's natural to feel nervous about this. I was in a similar situation to you a few months ago; I'd already been accepted for the post and I hadn't been told that I would need to have a separate interview with the university - so to say I was shocked when I received an email from them asking for a telephone interview is an understatement! In my case, it was a really brief, informal chat asking what my qualifications and experience were, and how I thought I would manage the work/study balance. Still though, it is always better to be prepared! Best of luck and congratulations on your new post. :)

krishnamurti

Post by krishnamurti » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:21 pm

When I had my university interview a few months ago they just asked similar questions to those at the job interview about how I would cope with the demands of the course (time/organisation etc) and how I would manage the pressures of work/study combined. Also wanted to know reasons for wanting to do the job. Nothing too demanding.