NHS matching salary and A/L

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
Divided71

NHS matching salary and A/L

Post by Divided71 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:50 am

Any advice would be appreciated. Has anyone left the NHS to work for a service commissioned to provide IAPT which offers equivalent agenda for change terms and conditions (but is a non NHS provider) and then returned to the the NHS. Have there been any issues with NHS matching salary and annual leave?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
BlueCat
Site Admin

Re: NHS matching salary and A/L

Post by BlueCat » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:17 pm

Annual leave is cumulative and not dependent on continuous service, so you'd be fine there. Salary matching is dependent on line manager's discretion within trust policy, so need to check that out. You'd probably reset your sick leave allowance with a break in nhs service, and things like mat leave etc
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.

miriam
Site Admin

Post by miriam » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:20 am

You may get matching to nearest point, but only if that reflects the banding of the role. Likewise you'll get your service taken into account, but there is no discretion to give staff extra leave compared to the NHS quota.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

ell

Post by ell » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:25 pm

BlueCat wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:17 pm
Annual leave is cumulative and not dependent on continuous service, so you'd be fine there. Salary matching is dependent on line manager's discretion within trust policy, so need to check that out. You'd probably reset your sick leave allowance with a break in nhs service, and things like mat leave etc
I'm not sure annual leave is cumulative rather than continuous service, at least not with all trusts. I have about 13 years of NHS experience, but only the last 6 years of continuous service was counted when calculating my annual leave in my most recent new job.

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:00 pm

I'd challenge that, ell. It's there in black and white in the national agenda for change terms and conditions. You've been diddled! Section 12.4

Re-appointment of previous NHS employees.
12.4 On returning to NHS employment, a previous period or periods of NHS service will be
counted towards the employee’s entitlement to annual leave.2
12.5 On returning to NHS employment, a previous period or periods of NHS service will be
counted towards the employee’s entitlement to sickness absence, where there has been a
break or breaks in service of 12 months or less.

ell

Post by ell » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:29 am

But that bit about annual leave doesn't say the thing about breaks in continuous service? Only the sickness absence bit does?

However, I will certainly check it out properly, thanks for letting me know BC!

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:34 pm

The section is about staff returning to the nhs. I would suggest the fact it doesn't mention a length of break for annual leave means it doesn't matter how long it has been. The full document is massive, but worth referring to.