Got dream job now not sure I want it

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
nattynat19

Got dream job now not sure I want it

Post by nattynat19 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:37 pm

Hi,

I have recently been successful at gaining a position as a trainee high intensity therapist. This is something I’ve worked towards for the past few years. Re-registering as a Mental health Nurse so I have a core profession, Completing a top up degree in mental health and giving up my job to study. However, I recently started working for a local college teaching health and social care as a temp and I love it. I can be creative, I’m knowledgeable about the subjects, I get on well with the students and staff, hours and holidays are excellent. I have been offered a permanent contract at the college so now I’m in a dilemma. Do I leave a job I love for the job I have always wanted? What are people’s experience of being a trainee high intensity therapist? Is it what you expected etc? And what’s your work/life balance?

Thanks

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
maven
Site Admin

Re: Got dream job now not sure I want it

Post by maven » Wed May 16, 2018 10:34 pm

If you love what you've been doing, why not postpone the training and see whether you still love it in a year?
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare