PWP payment

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
Marcella90

PWP payment

Post by Marcella90 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:15 pm

Hi,
Ive recently found out that I have been succesful in my application to become a trainee pwp for the NHS.I'm absolutely overjoyed but I was wondering if anybody knew how often payment is and do you have to work a month in hand?

any info would be great :D

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Victoriomantic

Re: PWP payment

Post by Victoriomantic » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:10 pm

For us, we were paid at the end of the first month we started, paid monthly around the 26th each month.

hawke

Post by hawke » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:32 pm

I've had pay dates vary from the 15th-28th of the month.

nomnom

Post by nomnom » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:17 am

I think it depends on when the cut off mark is for payroll compared with when you start but generally I have been paid at the end of the month (for the 2 weeks that I have worked). I did work for a charity once that had their payday on the 15th so it meant you got paid for the month (2 weeks worked and 2 weeks in hand until next payday).

Enjoy your PWP training - I know a lot is said about IAPT as a whole but I found and still find the experience very valuable :-)
'Forget what hurt you. But remember what it taught you'