Annual leave for trainees

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
Butterfly1921

Annual leave for trainees

Post by Butterfly1921 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:55 pm

Hi all,

Sorry for multiple threads, just another thing I’m wondering about.

I’m interested in applying to HI CBT trainee positions which would be starting in March 2020. However, I have a holiday already booked to America for 2 weeks in April. This was booked months ago.

Is there any point in applying anyway? I‘ve read most courses are very strict about attendance for teaching days (the courses I’m looking at would have 2 teaching days per week). I’m sure having leave so soon after starting would be a big no no. Would you recommend maybe just applying next year instead?

hs577

Re: Annual leave for trainees

Post by hs577 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:06 pm

Hi,

I wouldn’t worry too much plus you could always check more formally. It’s Easter in April next year so most universities will have broken up for 2-3 weeks at about that time.

Also you are entitled to leave normally beginning of April- end of March for most roles.

Sam1987

Re: Annual leave for trainees

Post by Sam1987 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:42 pm

When I was training they were rather strict about attendance, so it might all depend on your university rather than your employer. Any more than 6 days off uni in the entire year then you had to retake those lectures missed at another time. What uni would you be training with if you were successful?
IAPT the tiger