UCL Low Intensity CB Interventions PG CERT

This section is for discussion relating to the Layard report, and subsequent schemes like Improving Access to Psychological Therapies where lower intensity inteventions are offered in primary care
Oneday

UCL Low Intensity CB Interventions PG CERT

Post by Oneday » Sat May 09, 2020 8:02 am

Morning all
I have a couple of questions I would appreciate if anyone can help with:
1) The course at UCL does not appear to be accredited with the BACP, is this an issue longer-term?
2) Are people usually able to select the service they work in? (from a small selection)? I am not in a position to relocate.
3) What are the normal hours of the days? I have child care, from what I have heard I should be able to work around this fine, just want to confirm.
Many thanks for any reflections
Jody

suuzee

Re: UCL Low Intensity CB Interventions PG CERT

Post by suuzee » Thu May 14, 2020 11:02 pm

Oneday wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:02 am
Morning all
1) The course at UCL does not appear to be accredited with the BACP, is this an issue longer-term?
2) Are people usually able to select the service they work in? (from a small selection)? I am not in a position to relocate.
3) What are the normal hours of the days? I have child care, from what I have heard I should be able to work around this fine, just want to confirm.
Jody
Not sure about 1 & 3. But for 2, you get to select two preferred services to work for from their list, however there is no guarantee you will be invited to interview for these trusts. You might be, but could also be any other service listed in the application pack if you are invited to interview. Hope that helps!

Misfit

Re: UCL Low Intensity CB Interventions PG CERT

Post by Misfit » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:11 pm

Oneday wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 8:02 am
Morning all
Jody
Hi. It is accredited by the BPS according to this website:
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/pals/study/master ... ertificate
Look under "Course Aims and Principles"