Are there any free standardised measures for bullying...

Post here to discuss evaluating published research, sharing papers you have found of interest, plus requests for help with literature searches or locating papers
DrFurbs

Are there any free standardised measures for bullying...

Post by DrFurbs » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:11 pm

or childhood victimization? I see a lot of Olweus (1991) Bullying Questionnaires on journals but I think this is a questionnaire that is copyrighted.

Basically for my 3rd year project I'm investigating "Childhood victimization as a predictor of muscle dysmorphia in adult males" and I'm having a lot of difficulty obtaining a questionnaire pertaining to childhood adversity.

If any one has such a measure or can point me to one, I would sincerely appreciate it.

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:29 am

I don't htink this would be appropriate for your study as it is aimed at children and the focus is on currrent issues rather than past issues, but may be a starting point for an internet r journal search, or for content, I am thinking of the Life in School Checklist, can't remember who it is by, and I am at home not at work today so can't check, but it is part of the Child Psychology Portfolio.

Hope that's at least a little bit useful.

Lil_Angel

Post by Lil_Angel » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:25 pm

PM me your email address and I can send you a copy of the one developed by Hunter et al (2004). I also used it for my project :D
We'll be friends until we are old and senile... Then we'll be new friends