NHS graduate scheme

Your chance to ask for advice on any aspect of career development that doesn't fit in any of the above categories
RobertDV

NHS graduate scheme

Post by RobertDV » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:05 pm

Does anybody know anybody who has gotten on to the NHS management graduate scheme, and how they have progressed after finishing? I'm trying to think of a plan B should I not get onto training (despite the scheme being extremely competetive itself) and the idea of fast racking to a management post hopefully still within a mental health trust is quite appealing.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
kezkel

Re: NHS graduate scheme

Post by kezkel » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:23 pm

Ive been looking into the management scheme for the same reason. Having spoken to people who have completed it it seems to be a lot less competitive then the doctorate especially if you have some work experience in the nhs. Both people i have spoken too no longer work in the nhs but got jobs from their elective placement so sounds like it does help.

RobertDV

Re: NHS graduate scheme

Post by RobertDV » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:47 am

kezkel wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:23 pm
Ive been looking into the management scheme for the same reason. Having spoken to people who have completed it it seems to be a lot less competitive then the doctorate especially if you have some work experience in the nhs. Both people i have spoken too no longer work in the nhs but got jobs from their elective placement so sounds like it does help.
ah nice one, thanks for the insight!

obviously money isn't my primary goal for either option or else i would have gone in to finance, but i've heard they really try to push you towards senior and director roles a few years after finishing the scheme, have the people you've spoken to mentioned anything about that?