Fast track A-levels to increase options

Your chance to ask for advice on any aspect of career development that doesn't fit in any of the above categories
sparko

Fast track A-levels to increase options

Post by sparko » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:01 pm

Hi All,

As it stands I can only apply to one university due to the academic scoring with my other local uni ruling me out based on my A-levels not being good enough.

Doing a fast-track course over 1 year to get 2 A-levels seems more realistic than having research published. However, I’m just wondering if the course centre would likely look down upon the fact I completed 2 A-levels more than a decade after originally doing them and after gaining an MSc conversion degree.

I feel I could easily achieve the required A’s and B’s in these A-levels and the cost is reasonable but would appreciate any advice or comments.

Many thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Lancelot

Re: Fast track A-levels to increase options

Post by Lancelot » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:18 pm

I would check this out with the course beforehand. You don't want to complete A-levels for them to discount them for some reason!

BlueCat
Site Admin

Post by BlueCat » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:30 pm

A publication will help your academic profile, but won't "make up" for poor a level grades. I'd specific a level grades are required to get past the admin sift, then you will need to have them. The fast track a level plan sounds more sensible and more achievable than trying for a publication. Good luck.
There's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. Billy Connolly.

maven
Site Admin

Post by maven » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:18 pm

Agreed. Although I'd argue that getting research published is possible, and more a matter of effort and networking than cost.
Maven.

Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something - Plato
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - Shakespeare