Is more experience needed?

Your chance to ask for advice on any aspect of career development that doesn't fit in any of the above categories
AngelaRam

Is more experience needed?

Post by AngelaRam » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:58 am

I am working as Complex Needs Support Practitioner in a Care Home Service with individuals with complex needs and challenging behaviors. I am doing direct support on daily basis but at the same time, I work in collaboration with the PBS team of the service in developing interventions for managing challenges, i am designing individual behaviour support plans in collaboration with families and core teams and i analyze Data ( ABC charts) and complete Behaviour Analysis Reports. Also, i might act as Senior Support Worker when is needed in coaching/mentoring staff.

I have 2.5 years experience in doing this role and i have worked with a wide range of individuals with various needs, however, i am still struggling to get accepted in an AP role. Whenever i am reading comments on social media in terms of the years of experience people used to have before get accepted in their first AP role, i feel shocked about the amount of different experience that are having.

Do you think that i need to get more experience in relevant roles (healthcare assistant, mental health worker etc) or is what i''ve got enough?

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
miriam
Site Admin

Re: Is more experience needed?

Post by miriam » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:34 am

If you applied for a post with a similar client group it might well be enough, but at lot comes down to how well you write your application, which is something we have written about a lot on the forum, and I have recently written a blog about: https://clinpsyeye.blog/2019/04/11/how- ... sychology/
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com