NHS Recruitment System

Your chance to ask for advice on any aspect of career development that doesn't fit in any of the above categories
kbarys

NHS Recruitment System

Post by kbarys » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:50 pm

Hi Everyone!

I'm hoping that I could get some insight from some of you on here,

I have just begun my career path in mental health, and have been offered a job as a healthcare assistant at a hospital.
I have had the interview and received the conditional offer at the beginning of May. It has now been a month and I have still not received the start date or unconditional offer. I have given them all the documents they required and my references have gone through as they've confirmed this.

The person who I have been appointed to in their recruitment department is really blunt and slow at replies. I have now missed my start date which was this week, the next one is next month...

Has anyone experienced anything something similar? I know that the NHS can be a bit slow with things but I am worried and getting paranoid that this might be more about me than just them being slow

Thanks in advance for your replies!
K

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
Mephistofela

Re: NHS Recruitment System

Post by Mephistofela » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:00 pm

Hi kbarys!

What you described sounds like the common experience when starting a job in the NHS. In my case I waited for 2-3 months after accepting a verbal offer until I was contacted about a start date. Perhaps it is worth contacting them again at the end of the month if you haven't heard from them by that time, but try not to worry about it!

ell

Post by ell » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:36 pm

It might be worth contacting the person who interviewed/offered job, as they will likely be wanting you to start soon as well. If you can let them know that you have done everything your end and you are just waiting for HR, then they may be able to chase it up a bit.

kbarys

Post by kbarys » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:30 pm

Thank you ell and Mephistofela for your replies, I must say I am a bit relieved. I'll keep chasing them!

K x