Situational Judgement Tests

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
belinda

Situational Judgement Tests

Post by belinda » Wed May 01, 2019 11:18 pm

Hi, does anyone know of any good books on situational judgement tests...there must be a way of better preparing for this test? Thanks!

Advertisement
Pearson Clinical Assessment publishes a wide range of assessments to support psychology professionals including the Gold Standard Wechsler range. To view our range please visit: pearsonclinical.co.uk/cpf
miriam
Site Admin

Re: Situational Judgement Tests

Post by miriam » Sun May 05, 2019 12:31 am

Bumping this now I've split it from the irrelevant thread it was attached to, as someone may have recommendations.
Miriam

See my blog at http://clinpsyeye.wordpress.com

RoseBud

Re: Situational Judgement Tests

Post by RoseBud » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:32 pm

I don’t know any good books but my thoughts are that the test is about first managing risk and then about best practice. When I’ve sat the tests it always makes me think about how significantly my perspective changed when I moved from support work to managing services, I went from a very narrow client focused view to a very broad view of services where I now had to take other clients, staff, stakeholders and the service as a whole into account. I think this broader perspective really helped me in getting through the SJT because the situations presented are often bigger than the client themselves. So with that in mind I would suggest meeting with your manager or supervisor following any incident within the service and ask them about their priorities/key considerations in responding to the incident and what policies they may have referred to to inform their response.
I would familiarize myself with any policy about risk not just to clients but to staff and the service (like reputations damage) e.g. disciplinary policy, code of conduct, health and safety (violence against staff) etc