2021 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
rowanned96

Re: 2021 Clinical Doctorate Application Progress Thread

Post by rowanned96 »

rowanned96 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:04 pm
rowanned96 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:31 pm Second time applying

Manchester - sat tests
Liverpool
Sheffield
Cardiff - sat tests

2021:
Lancaster - sat tests
Liverpool
Manchester - sat tests
Staffordshire - sat screening test
Manchester -> Manchester

Crossing my fingers for others not taking up offers for Machester. One more interview to go.
IreneAdler

Post by IreneAdler »

IreneAdler wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:29 am 2019:
Lancaster
Manchester
Liverpool
Leicester

2020:
Salomons
Sheffield
Leicester
Leeds

2021:
Sheffield
Manchester
Liverpool
Trent

:D
I will be withdrawing from my interviews at Liverpool and Trent so there should be some movement on the reserve list!
mschrbtsk

Post by mschrbtsk »

heyaa :D wasn't sure where to ask this but has anyone heard back from Leeds about their allocated date and time? They said they would send out the calendar invites by the 31st of March at the latest...Good luck to everyone who still has interviews coming up!
jbxg

Post by jbxg »

I love seeing all these blues - well done to those that have a place!! :cheers:
Sadia98

Post by Sadia98 »

Sadia98 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:09 pm
Sadia98 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:27 pm
Sadia98 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:16 pm First time applying!

Essex > Essex
Leicester (sat test)
Oxford
UCL
Over the moon to have been offered a place! :D
Renek

Post by Renek »

Oxford
Salomons
RHUL

UEL

One down!

Renek wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:03 pm Oxford
Salomons
RHUL

UEL

Feeling delighted, nervous and very grateful, I didn't get any invitations to interview last year!

Wishing everyone well!
RightsaidFreud

Post by RightsaidFreud »

I’ve always appreciated when others have shared their journeys, so here goes:

2018:
UCL
Oxford
Southampton
Edinburgh

2019:
South Wales -> South Wales
UEA -> UEA
Oxford
Glasgow

2020:
South Wales
UEA
Southampton
Surrey

2021:
South Wales
UEA -> UEA
Edinburgh
IOPPN-> IOPPN

When someone’s number of interviews changes so dramatically between years, it can definitely make this process feel quite random. I went from having a reserve place at UEA and being encouraged in my feedback to apply again next year, to no interviews.
So, why was this? I think I put a lot of hope into that reserve place, and held onto it too tightly until the June deadline, so by the time I was applying the next year it felt like I hadn’t really had a mental break from the process. That and starting a new AP job that really stretched me (but I learned so so much from) meant that I was not in the right headspace in application season. I also thought I had found a ‘winning formula’ the previous year so felt scared to deviate from it too much. This year I decided to be brave and do a re-write.
Finally, I think getting an RA post on a trial of an innovative psychological therapy, with incredibly dynamic, thoughtful and supportive CPs made a huge difference. I was able to go into the interview thinking ‘my worst case scenario is that I end up doing this job I love for another year, so what am I afraid of’.

Also - a bit of a pet peeve of mine is this incredibly stressful narrative around ‘number of times you’ve applied’. It’s just a number! The number of times people apply is influenced by SO many different factors. If you can tolerate the uncertainty and you still like what you’re doing, you do you, boo!

For those interested btw, the IOPPN interview reserve list moved! I’m told that I was first reserve for my particular panel, but I think with the added places the reserve list has scooched a few spots.

Tl;dr:
Give yourself a break and try to enjoy the journey (I know that feels hard sometimes with all the uncertainty)
Times applied (like age) is just a number
IOPPN interview reserve list has moved!
suuzee

Post by suuzee »

RightsaidFreud wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:19 pm I’ve always appreciated when others have shared their journeys, so here goes:

2018:
UCL
Oxford
Southampton
Edinburgh

2019:
UEA -> UEA
Oxford
Glasgow

2020:
South Wales
UEA
Southampton
Surrey

2021:
South Wales
UEA -> UEA
Edinburgh
IOPPN-> IOPPN

When someone’s number of interviews changes so dramatically between years, it can definitely make this process feel quite random. I went from having a reserve place at UEA and being encouraged in my feedback to apply again next year, to no interviews.
So, why was this? I think I put a lot of hope into that reserve place, and held onto it too tightly until the June deadline, so by the time I was applying the next year it felt like I hadn’t really had a mental break from the process. That and starting a new AP job that really stretched me (but I learned so so much from) meant that I was not in the right headspace in application season. I also thought I had found a ‘winning formula’ the previous year so felt scared to deviate from it too much. This year I decided to be brave and do a re-write.
Finally, I think getting an RA post on a trial of an innovative psychological therapy, with incredibly dynamic, thoughtful and supportive CPs made a huge difference. I was able to go into the interview thinking ‘my worst case scenario is that I end up doing this job I love for another year, so what am I afraid of’.

Also - a bit of a pet peeve of mine is this incredibly stressful narrative around ‘number of times you’ve applied’. It’s just a number! The number of times people apply is influenced by SO many different factors. If you can tolerate the uncertainty and you still like what you’re doing, you do you, boo!

For those interested btw, the IOPPN interview reserve list moved! I’m told that I was first reserve for my particular panel, but I think with the added places the reserve list has scooched a few spots.

Tl;dr:
Give yourself a break and try to enjoy the journey (I know that feels hard sometimes with all the uncertainty)
Congrats on your offer! :)
Can I ask, when did you hear from IOPPN about reserve list moving?
RightsaidFreud

Post by RightsaidFreud »

suuzee wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:22 pm
RightsaidFreud wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:19 pm I’ve always appreciated when others have shared their journeys, so here goes:

2018:
UCL
Oxford
Southampton
Edinburgh

2019:
UEA -> UEA
Oxford
Glasgow

2020:
South Wales
UEA
Southampton
Surrey

2021:
South Wales
UEA -> UEA
Edinburgh
IOPPN-> IOPPN

Tl;dr:
Congrats on your offer! :)
Can I ask, when did you hear from IOPPN about reserve list moving?
Thank you! I got a call last week :)
suuzee

Post by suuzee »

Thanks, thats helpful to know it is moving!
Best of luck with your other interviews :)
RightsaidFreud

Post by RightsaidFreud »

Thank you - good luck with your interviews too and hopefully you get good news from Kings when the email us with an update :D
pusheenicorn

Post by pusheenicorn »

pusheenicorn wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:24 pm First year applying:

UEL (sat test)
Staffordshire (sat test)
Leicester (sat test)
Essex -> Essex

Today has been a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions - came out of the Staffordshire screening test feeling I had completely bombed it to then read a rejection email from Leicester, then returning from a long walk to an email saying I now have an interview place for Essex!
UEL
Staffordshire
Leicester

Essex :D
Hod8913

Post by Hod8913 »

This is my third year applying:

Plymouth
Birmingham
Leeds
Oxford

Leeds
Leicester
Plymouth
Manchester

Leeds
Plymouth
Liverpool
Leicester
NC2093

Post by NC2093 »

NC2093 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:41 pm 2nd year applying

Leicester
Staffordshire
Birmingham
Cov/Warwick

Sheffield
Leicester
Birmingham
Cov/Warwick
haykar

Post by haykar »

International (non-EU) applicant here and all posts below are self-funded. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back.

UCL
Leicester
Newcastle
Royal Holloway
East Anglia

UCL
Essex

Exeter
Royal Holloway
East Anglia