Progress thread for Clinical Psychology applications 2012

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
spimsjc

Re: Progress thread for Clinical Psychology applications 201

Post by spimsjc » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Sweettruth1 wrote:Manchester
Leeds
Sheffield

Does the Manchester reserve list move, does anyone have experience of this in the past?

Quite surprised actually since the interview was so traumatic i think i have PTSD :oops:
Ha ha ha! I know the feeling and I am equally surprised as my interview was awful and I spent the rest of the week recalling how bad it had gone.

Manchester>Manchester
Herts
Salomons after test
IoP

I too am very curious about the reserve list as I really have no idea how much it moves etc let alone where I (we :) ) are on the list.

Hopefully someone out there can enlighten us but I guess without knowing where we are it makes any knowledge about how the much the list moves slightly redundant....unless of course it moves 20 places!! ha.

S

DrPrincess

Post by DrPrincess » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:17 pm

Not sure if this is the best place to put this, so feel free to move it to another thread if needed as it will obviously have implications for reserve-listers!

As it turns out, we've had a large grant accepted at work (which we didn't think we'd get in a million years!), so I've been offered a promotion today, which I'm going to accept. In light of this, I thought I'd let people know that I will be turning down my Liverpool interview, and removing myself from the Staffs reserve interview list (although I'm not sure how helpful this is as I don't know where I am on the list) over the next few days/next week/when I get around to it!

I will also be removing myself from both Bangor and Manchester reserve lists, which will mean good news for someone!

DrP

tasha86

Post by tasha86 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:38 pm

So shocked to be writing this after I thought the interview was an absolute train wreck....but, proof that you can make a mistake and still get offered a place. Final update:

Liverpool
Manchester
Leeds
Sheffield :D

So happy. And for all those waiting on the Leeds reserve its about to move up a place as I will be withdrawing from my interview!

Good Luck for all those with interview to come!

bex4010

Post by bex4010 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:45 am

Coventry and Warks
Leicester

Trent
Birmingham

Got the email today from Coventry :cry: I am pretty sure that this year won't be my year....

But good luck everyone! Show us some more blues!!

fledgling

Post by fledgling » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:10 am

This feeling is incredible!!! Broke down in tears and couldn't stop shaking for 10mins! Keep going back to the email to check I'm not hallucinating...

Bath
Oxford
Coventry & Warwick :D :D :D
Hertfordshire

I absolutely loved the day at Coventry and got such a good feeling about the course. Think I will still be going to my Bath interview though, as really want to find out more about the course and it would be nearer friends and family... it's just amazing to know that whatever happens now, I have a place on a course I am very happy with!

Congrats to other blues and really sorry to anyone who has been disappointed today.

looby00uk

Post by looby00uk » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:16 am

Coventry and Warwick - Coventry and Warwick :)
Birmingham
Oxford
Staffs & Shropshire (could not attend screening)

Got to admit after the way I felt the interview at Coventry went I am really pleased to get on the reserve list. It gives me confidence in that they at least think I performed ok and could get through training etc, something I had been worrying about as I have a lack of clinical experience. Just shows how hard it is to predict what they are actually looking for!! Looking forward to getting the feedback now which will be good for the Birmingham interview and my future progression!

Good luck everyone who still has interviews and are waiting for reserve lists to move!! :D

Laura86

Post by Laura86 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:55 am

bex4010 wrote:Coventry and Warks
Leicester

Trent
Birmingham

Got the email today from Coventry :cry: I am pretty sure that this year won't be my year....

I'm sorry to hear that, but you've still got Birmingham to go so it's not over by any means yet!

Laura x
This - is now my way - where is yours? Thus did I answer those who asked me 'the way'. For the way - it doth not exist. Friedrich Nietzsche

Peach

Post by Peach » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:49 pm

Congratulations blues and good luck cyans. Don't give up Bex, you still have Birmingham, third time's a charm! :D

For those with blues remember to post in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=145
The best thing about this signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything, it's too late for you to stop reading.

noodle

Post by noodle » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:20 pm

Well done Flora. Really pleased for you! :D

bex4010

Post by bex4010 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:34 pm

Laura86 wrote:
bex4010 wrote:Coventry and Warks
Leicester

Trent
Birmingham

I'm sorry to hear that, but you've still got Birmingham to go so it's not over by any means yet!

Laura x
Peach wrote:Don't give up Bex, you still have Birmingham, third time's a charm!
Thanks ladies, sorry for the "woe is me" what I mean by that is I think it may be due to a confidence issue which I am not sure I can remedy before Birmingham but I will give it my best shot! Thank-you again for the support! Peach here is hoping three times will be my charm and see you there Laura86!! xx

Mikel Arteta

Post by Mikel Arteta » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:35 pm

Bex, sorry to hear that. It can take a good few years to get on and we have a fair few over the age of 30, so it can take a while. Good luck at Birmingham! x

Flora, well done! I'm a first year (I was helping on Monday) and I too got a great feel for the course on interview day. This continued when getting on the course. It is a very friendly, warm and supportive course, everyone is lovely. x

Well done on getting on the reserve list looby. Hope you have success! Not sure if they do feedback for reserve listers at the mo, but I may be wrong. x

All the best everyone. x
Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly, all your life
you were only waiting for this moment to arise
:)

Posie

Post by Posie » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:50 pm

I have a Sheffield too :D

Well done everyone who has a place and good luck all still waiting for interviews or on reserves :D

fledgling

Post by fledgling » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:57 pm

noodle wrote:Well done Flora. Really pleased for you! :D
Mikel Arteta wrote: Flora, well done! I'm a first year (I was helping on Monday) and I too got a great feel for the course on interview day. This continued when getting on the course. It is a very friendly, warm and supportive course, everyone is lovely. x
Thanks guys! It's just about sunk in now... :)

Mikel, yes I got that feeling- even during the interviews I felt very supported and like they were trying to get to know me and get the best out of me- it was just lovely! I may pick your brains about the course further if I end up with a decision to make...

Mikel Arteta

Post by Mikel Arteta » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:27 am

...[/quote]Mikel, yes I got that feeling- even during the interviews I felt very supported and like they were trying to get to know me and get the best out of me- it was just lovely! I may pick your brains about the course further if I end up with a decision to make...[/quote]

No problem Flora, just message me if you want to know anything. The course is really good. Staff are freindly and supportive, teaching is good, other trainees are great (they do a buddy system), placements are great and you end up meeting lots of psychologists who are all really helpful. A lot who aren't even supervising me, give up their time if there is something you are interested in. Facilities wise we are blessed, as you can use Coventry and Warwick. It may not suit everyone, but I like it :). x
Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly, all your life

Mikel Arteta

Post by Mikel Arteta » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:31 am

flora84 wrote:
noodle wrote:Well done Flora. Really pleased for you! :D
Mikel Arteta wrote: Flora, well done! I'm a first year (I was helping on Monday) and I too got a great feel for the course on interview day. This continued when getting on the course. It is a very friendly, warm and supportive course, everyone is lovely. x
Thanks guys! It's just about sunk in now... :)

Mikel, yes I got that feeling- even during the interviews I felt very supported and like they were trying to get to know me and get the best out of me- it was just lovely! I may pick your brains about the course further if I end up with a decision to make...
No problem Flora, just message me if you want to know anything. The course is really good. Staff are freindly and supportive, teaching is good, other trainees are great (they do a buddy system), placements are great and you end up meeting lots of psychologists who are all really helpful. A lot who aren't even supervising me, give up their time if there is something you are interested in. Facilities wise we are blessed, as you can use Coventry and Warwick. It may not suit everyone, but I like it . x