Progress thread for Clinical Psychology applications 2012

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
bex4010

Re: Progress thread for Clinical Psychology applications 201

Post by bex4010 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:23 pm

Serenity wrote:I was just wandering - people who had their interview at Cove & Warwick - did you get feedback via email (like 2 sentences!) or over the phone? Is this their normal process of giving feedback?
I emailed my contact person to arrange a time for feedback to be given over the phone which then happened shortly after. The feedback was fairly detailed in that it covered all tasks. So maybe it would be worth asking for feedback (like Nathalie suggested) via a phone call for more detail as two sentences must leave you feeling a bit short changed? Good luck with it.

Serenity

Post by Serenity » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:53 am

Thnaks so much Nathalie and Bex, I appreciate your responses. I tried to ring them on Friday and they said someone would get back to me - which they didn't - I assumed they wouldn't on a friday afternoon! But yes, I was left feeling really upset by two sentences and thought it was very unfair of them to do that - made me even feel worthless as a human infact - especially since i was still getting over the rejection. I made such an effort to get there from Londone etc....2 sentences is just really bad! or maybe they just thought I was that bad!! Anyway will try them again on Monday. Thanks again.

SunflowerLondon

Post by SunflowerLondon » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:02 pm

Serenity wrote:Thnaks so much Nathalie and Bex, I appreciate your responses. I tried to ring them on Friday and they said someone would get back to me - which they didn't - I assumed they wouldn't on a friday afternoon! But yes, I was left feeling really upset by two sentences and thought it was very unfair of them to do that - made me even feel worthless as a human infact - especially since i was still getting over the rejection. I made such an effort to get there from Londone etc....2 sentences is just really bad! or maybe they just thought I was that bad!! Anyway will try them again on Monday. Thanks again.
Serenity - I know it is tough but stay strong. I am sure they will get back to you and this delay has nothing to do with your interview (perhaps the person in charge of your feedback is very busy or has no prior experience of providing feedback to candidates and hence their 2 sentences?).
All the best :wink:

Hi5

Post by Hi5 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:42 am

Just wondering has anyone heard from queens yet?

serene

Post by serene » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:11 pm

Anyone who had a lovely UCL interview last week, FYI there is a delay in sending out the letters due to a security alert round Tottenham Court Road last Friday afternoon when UCL had to close down for the rest of the day - I was told the letter should hopefully reach me by the end of this week.

Just so's you know no news not necessarily bad news (though a much higher chance of the uncertainty *actually* finishing me off before Friday :lol: )

iznick

Post by iznick » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:10 pm

re UCL interviews, how did others find them? I ask because I assume the "lovely" in the above post to be sarcastic, and I myself came out of my interview feeling I'd been given a bit of a kicking. but the other interviewees who I spoke to in the waiting area afterwards said theirs had been fine. so I am wondering if it was my experience that was exceptional, or theirs. bit pointless to ask given that I'll know the outcome in a few days, but still, perhaps discussing this will help pass the time until then.

serene

Post by serene » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:13 pm

Definitely not just you - I can see both sides, I don't feel I was asked anything wildly unfair but I was confronted by some really wide-ranging questions I hadn't been expecting ... having said that I did feel they tried to get more out of me when I was struggling and didn't just leave me floundering with my jaw hanging down going "err...er..."...

Only just stopped the constant ruminating over every single daft thing I said - glad to be back at work to take my mind off it. (Is it too late to send them a nice essay outlining what I would have said if I'd had three days to think about it?!) :P

Hi5

Post by Hi5 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:14 pm

For anyone else in the same position, i phoned queens (Belfast) and they said the offer letters would be out by the end of the week.

fledgling

Post by fledgling » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:59 pm

Final (ever!) colourful update:

Bath :D
Coventry & Warwick

Oxford
Hertfordshire

Eeep!! Never dreamt I would be in this position :shock: ! Thinking cap secured, it's decision time...

Morningstar

Post by Morningstar » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:18 pm

Congratulations Flora :D

nbarclay

Post by nbarclay » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:40 pm

Bath - number 1 reserve so fingers crossed!

Newcastle - should hopefully hear back by the end of the week

Edinburgh - interview not until mid-May

Teesside

Borscht

Post by Borscht » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:13 pm

Oooh, well done Flora and other Bathers! Let us know what you decide :)

RobinWall

Post by RobinWall » Tue May 01, 2012 9:45 am

Well done Flora,

I imagine you're going to get a few messages in your inbox helping you decide which course to take!

As an unbiased person, having not applied for either C&W or Bath, I would pick Bath. Bath is beautiful! You can spend your summer evenings drinking tea, eating cake, and reading Jane Austen at the Royal Crescent!

Robin
"As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

'A Return To Love' (1992) by Marianne Williamson

Neel26

Post by Neel26 » Tue May 01, 2012 3:53 pm

UCL letters have gone out today. I dreamt last night, firstly that I didn't get an offer and woke up with that horrible feeling of failure. I then fell hack asleep and dreamt I did get one. I woke up feeling confused. Maybe on the waiting list again?? :s

mates

Post by mates » Tue May 01, 2012 6:33 pm

Neel26 wrote:UCL letters have gone out today. I dreamt last night, firstly that I didn't get an offer and woke up with that horrible feeling of failure. I then fell hack asleep and dreamt I did get one. I woke up feeling confused. Maybe on the waiting list again?? :s
And what psychological theory might account for this? ;-)

Wishing you the latter dream come true - The Very BEST of LUCK!!!

M., x