Progress thread for Clinical Psychology applications 2012

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
nbarclay

Re: Progress thread for Clinical Psychology applications 201

Post by nbarclay » Thu May 03, 2012 6:29 pm

Lilly wrote:Congratulations to people with offers, commiserations to those with Reds, and I hear you to those on the reserve..

Another update:

Plymouth
Bath

Glasgow
Edinburgh

Now fingers crossed for Edinburgh I guess.
Good luck for Edinburgh Lilly! Hopefully you'll get offered a place from your reserve lists too!
I'm now
Bath no.1
Newcastle no. 2

so I feel for everyone on a reserve list, I am not tolerating the uncertainty very well! Does anyone know how much the Newcastle list moves?? I heard the Bath one moved by a few spots last year but have no idea about Newcastle!

keepcalm1985

Post by keepcalm1985 » Thu May 03, 2012 6:36 pm

Final update from me!

UEA
Essex
Salomons

RHUL (withdrawing interview)

Good luck to everyone else! :D
"A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist" Sigmund Freud

clinpsypixie

Post by clinpsypixie » Thu May 03, 2012 6:52 pm

Just got home to find out that the final result is:

UCL :o
UEL
Southampton
Surrey

I am currently in a state of shock. I feel so ridiculously lucky since this was my first time applying and my preferred course. I am so excited it just doesn't seem real! Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back!

mandy20

Post by mandy20 » Thu May 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Neel26 wrote:A huge huge congrats workingmama. I have been following your posts, and am so pleased for your outcome :D Also, congrats to all the other blues out there!

I unfortunately did not manage to get a place at UCL this year :(

Just wanted to say a general thanks to all who have posted supportive and encouraging post over the last few months, it's definitely a great community to be a part of.

See those of you who will be applying again next year!

:cyclops: Peace and love :bom:

ps. for those who get a place at UCL and UEL in particular, please stay in touch/drop me a PM. I would really value doing some practice interviews before next years round, as I think it was mainly my anxiety in the interview room that got the better of me. I need to try and find ways to be myself a little bit more, and any help would be greatly appreciated!
Unfortunately, I also just walked into my house and opened a letter from UCL saying I didn't get on. Congrats to all those who did get on, it was a challenging interview. I'm more disappointed in the fact that I really wanted UCL but didnt quite do/say enough in the interview to demonstrate my skills and knowledge, probably due to nerves (and maybe a little overprep for that Course). Anyway, there's still hope! UEL still has yet to write to me next week, so I look forward to hearing back!

Again congrats to all that got in, awesome stuff! And all the best to those that still have their interviews coming up soon!!
I must say it does make me feel better sending positive vibes out rather than staying annoyed at myself and the situation :)

mungle

Post by mungle » Thu May 03, 2012 7:39 pm

CONGRATULATIONS Workingmama!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

fledgling

Post by fledgling » Thu May 03, 2012 8:35 pm

Thanks for the congrats everyone! Wow, a sudden influx of blue over the last few days. Congrats workingmama and keepcalm, and everyone else who is celebrating!! :D

Comiserations though to hermione, and anyone else who has not been so fortunate (yet). Fingers crossed for you.

turts

Post by turts » Thu May 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Southampton [/
Surrey
Salomons gutted :-(
Royal holloway

Well done blues :-)
Feeling pretty sorry for myself but feedback was similar to what I thought anyway. On to the next. (after a few tears and tomorrow moping...)

Campion

Post by Campion » Thu May 03, 2012 9:35 pm

workingmama wrote:Thank you very much Newcastle , I'll try to make you proud.
(Although if you know me off-site, this is very much keep-under-your-hat until the proper folks can be told in the right order - shhhh!)
I missed this earlier. :oops:

Is it too late now to say how happy I am for you? Congratulations WorkingMama! :D

Campion.
'Think how many blameless lives are brightened by the blazing indiscretions of other people.' - Saki.

hermione87

Post by hermione87 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:48 pm

turts wrote:Southampton [/
Surrey
Salomons gutted :-(
Royal holloway

Well done blues :-)
Feeling pretty sorry for myself but feedback was similar to what I thought anyway. On to the next. (after a few tears and tomorrow moping...)

i know the feeling, i too have had a few days of moping and now trying to get back into it.

chin up it'll happen in the end, its sometimes tough to be on the site and seeing all the people with places, because those who don't get places often don't post. but in reality we are in the majority as I suppose for most courses half to three quarters of people don't get places, but it can sometimes feel like you're on your own, but we're not :)

serene

Post by serene » Thu May 03, 2012 9:50 pm

Really well done to everyone who has had the news they hoped for :D

Had my rejection from UCL today, expected but never nice to be told you're not wanted :cry:

Still - cake, wine, friends all helping so far and fingers crossed for everyone who still has anything to hear back on XX

marsupialmama

Post by marsupialmama » Thu May 03, 2012 10:04 pm

Congratulations, workingmama! Wow, this is amazing! I can't believe that just 6 months ago we were trying to decipher that chapter together (Mary and John and who on earth loves who :roll: )! I am really happy for you, you worked hard and you deserve it! Good luck!

CatFace

Post by CatFace » Thu May 03, 2012 10:20 pm

Gawd Almighy...... :shock:

Salomons
Cov and Warwick
Leeds
Plymouth

Well, that's a bit of a stunner! Just goes to show, you only need one!! Massive thanks to this site - such a brilliant resource.

Campion

Post by Campion » Thu May 03, 2012 10:26 pm

Awesome news Shreena, Congratulations!

Campion.
'Think how many blameless lives are brightened by the blazing indiscretions of other people.' - Saki.

AlexLK

Post by AlexLK » Thu May 03, 2012 10:59 pm

Congratulations to all the blues!!!

Lilly I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!!

I really feel for anyone not receiving the news they'd like, chin up as its all experience and hopefully alcohol, friends and family will help you through :)
When one door shuts another one opens, you just have to find it.

A multiple timer

noodle

Post by noodle » Thu May 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Congrats Sheena - well deserved :)