Progress thread for Clinical Psychology applications 2012

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
irishpaul

Re: Progress thread for Clinical Psychology applications 201

Post by irishpaul » Fri May 04, 2012 9:49 am

Final update from me!

UCL
Salomons

Glasgow (withdrawing from interview)
Edinburgh

I honestly can't believe I'm updating this with blues! I'm so shocked at UCL as I thought the interview could have went alot better but it was my first choice so I'm delighted! Good luck everyone else waiting for news!

Paul.

1john4v10

Post by 1john4v10 » Fri May 04, 2012 9:57 am

nbarclay wrote:
Lilly wrote:Congratulations to people with offers, commiserations to those with Reds, and I hear you to those on the reserve..

Another update:

Plymouth
Bath

Glasgow
Edinburgh

Now fingers crossed for Edinburgh I guess.
Good luck for Edinburgh Lilly! Hopefully you'll get offered a place from your reserve lists too!
I'm now
Bath no.1
Newcastle no. 2

so I feel for everyone on a reserve list, I am not tolerating the uncertainty very well! Does anyone know how much the Newcastle list moves?? I heard the Bath one moved by a few spots last year but have no idea about Newcastle!
Hey nbarclay,

I'm no. 2 on the Bath reserve list! Apparently the list moved by 11 places last year (!), but because it was their first cohort, I'm not sure how representative that was of what will happen this year..fingers crossed we get offered a place though! Is it your first choice? To all of you who have the choice of Exeter or Bath..please oh please pick Exeter!!! x

just looking

Post by just looking » Fri May 04, 2012 11:18 am

Haven't posted much in this thread this year. Rather stunned to be offered a place at UCL, but very pleased indeed. Only took three years!

My commiserations to those who haven't quite got there this year and are brave enough to post about it. I hope you'll achieve your desired outcomes soon enough! And good luck to all those still waiting to interview/hear back.

UCL
UEL (waiting to hear)
Herts (withdrawn)
Holloway

Peach

Post by Peach » Fri May 04, 2012 11:20 am

For those with offers please remember to contribute to the experience thread if you feel comfortable doing so. :D
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=145
The best thing about this signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything, it's too late for you to stop reading.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri May 04, 2012 11:35 am

Salomons
Cardiff
Staffordshire
Bath

It could definatly be worse, and I Still have Cardiff at the end of next week, But if everyone with another offer other the salomons could please go to the other uni I would appreciate it!!!!

Well done to all those offered place - I'm a bit jelous to be honest!!!
And all those who weren't successful I send you Massive hugs, if you have other interviews then learn, be confident and get those places :D :D :D :D

xx

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Fri May 04, 2012 12:41 pm

urgh, hurry up Birmingham
You're not calling for help, are you?! ;)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln.

Peach

Post by Peach » Fri May 04, 2012 12:46 pm

Gilly wrote:urgh, hurry up Birmingham
Wow you're still waiting?? They're incredibly slow! :o
Will they be letting you know today?
The best thing about this signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything, it's too late for you to stop reading.

Gilly

Post by Gilly » Fri May 04, 2012 1:03 pm

we will know by May 18th.....URGH!
You're not calling for help, are you?! ;)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity" - Abraham Lincoln.

fledgling

Post by fledgling » Fri May 04, 2012 1:08 pm

Argh, I just saw 'last post by Gilly' and got all excited! (Continuing to ride the rollercoaster vicariously :wink: ). But no news. How frustrating for you!

Laura86

Post by Laura86 » Fri May 04, 2012 2:03 pm

Tell me about it Gilly! A whole month is a long time to wait isn't it! Fingers crossed they let us know sooner than that.
This - is now my way - where is yours? Thus did I answer those who asked me 'the way'. For the way - it doth not exist. Friedrich Nietzsche

benm1985

Post by benm1985 » Fri May 04, 2012 3:13 pm

Newcastle
Teesside
Liverpool
Leeds

Looking forward to seeing other Newcastle people in Sept/Oct.

turts

Post by turts » Fri May 04, 2012 4:01 pm

hermione87 wrote:
turts wrote:Southampton [/
Surrey
Salomons gutted :-(
Royal holloway

Well done blues :-)
Feeling pretty sorry for myself but feedback was similar to what I thought anyway. On to the next. (after a few tears and tomorrow moping...)

i know the feeling, i too have had a few days of moping and now trying to get back into it.

chin up it'll happen in the end, its sometimes tough to be on the site and seeing all the people with places, because those who don't get places often don't post. but in reality we are in the majority as I suppose for most courses half to three quarters of people don't get places, but it can sometimes feel like you're on your own, but we're not :)

thanks hermione that was a really kind post. im feeling much better. I hope you're feeling better now too :)
Im lucky to have some really lovely supportive APs at work who have made me feel better and less alone Ive realised i just had a complete anxiety panic and said way too much way too fast and so they didnt see how obviously wonderful i actually am lol. So im just hoping i can control myself and present better for the next one. i just hope i dont swing too far and not say enough!! My supervisor was really kind and supportive too (although a little disapointed as she loves salomons and thinks i would have been well suited to the course).

Congrats again blues :)

Sweettruth1

Post by Sweettruth1 » Fri May 04, 2012 4:31 pm

Final results

Manchester
Leeds
sheffield
"You often find your destiny , on the road you have taken to avoid it"

Borscht

Post by Borscht » Fri May 04, 2012 5:52 pm

Yeah what's up with Birmingham taking ages?!

Peach

Post by Peach » Fri May 04, 2012 6:15 pm

Gilly wrote:we will know by May 18th.....URGH!
:shock: :shock: Why so long?? Are they planning to send outcomes via carrier pigeons..actually that would probably be quicker. :P