Progress thread for Clinical Psychology applications 2012

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
moonjuice12

Re: Progress thread for Clinical Psychology applications 201

Post by moonjuice12 » Sun May 06, 2012 5:17 pm

What's your number Beth? I'm fifth. Hopeful, but not wanting to get my hopes up toooo much :-)

Beth

Post by Beth » Sun May 06, 2012 6:09 pm

moonjuice12 wrote:What's your number Beth? I'm fifth. Hopeful, but not wanting to get my hopes up toooo much :-)
That's a good poisition to be in!!! Well done!!! I hope you get a call. I'm 28 :( and even when they phoned they said it was unlikely I'd get a call!!!! I messed up a q and I knew it do I'll learn from it and move on!!! Good luck to you though :D

kapooh

Post by kapooh » Mon May 07, 2012 1:41 pm

hi all :)

I'm very new to this application system. May I check with you guys if there is a high chance of entering if one is put on a reserve list? I am an international student and they are only offering 5 seats for international students for the course I've applied. I am first on the reserve list but I am not quite sure what are the chances of getting in... What are your thoughts?

Thank you so much! :)

workingmama
Team Member

Post by workingmama » Mon May 07, 2012 2:40 pm

schizometric wrote:A massive congrats to all with blues, and a biiiig congrats to workingmama.. I too am wondering how your hubbie has got on?!
Not yet, thanks, but he is at Edinburgh a week today, so everything crossed for the Big Yin (although he's quite English, so that name doesn't really work!). Thanks for thinking of us - can't tell you how warm and held I feel right now on this forum. Hope I can put back what I take from here.

Thinking also of everyone else applying right now too. Such a much harder (on one's self) process that I had realised.
x
Fail, fail again, fail better.

CuppaT

Post by CuppaT » Tue May 08, 2012 9:52 am

Newcastle

Teesside
Leeds
Lancaster

Fingers crossed for everybody waiting for interview or waiting to hear final results, congratulations to those with places, and commiserations to those who haven't been successful yet. For me, this has been an emotional roller coaster so far, but a valuable experience either way.

just looking

Post by just looking » Tue May 08, 2012 11:18 am

UCL
UEL No.2
Herts (withdrawn)
Holloway

Not many UELers appear to have fedback since the results came out. I think over the weekend I've decided to take the place at UCL, so the UEL reserve would move up one I guess.

Good luck all those sitting on reserve lists, I hated being there myself last year.

Rose123

Post by Rose123 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been offered and accepted a place at Bath (still can't quite believe it!) so if anyone has done the same please let me know! Best of luck to those with interviews coming up :)

xx

bex4010

Post by bex4010 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:05 pm

Rose123 wrote:Hi everyone,

I have been offered and accepted a place at Bath (still can't quite believe it!) so if anyone has done the same please let me know! Best of luck to those with interviews coming up :)

xx
Whoop whoop! Congratulations Rose123 x

fledgling

Post by fledgling » Tue May 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Rose123 wrote:Hi everyone,

xx
After a fair bit of agonising and some down-to-business conversations with family over the bank holiday....I have decided to accept my Bath offer and decline Coventry. Wasn't an easy choice as they are both so different and would have been good for me in different ways, but I'm very happy with my decision.

Hi Rose- we'll be in a cohort together, how exciting!! I'll PM you soon :D

Big congrats to whoever is next in line on the Coventry reserves- it's a fantastic course.

cabby

Post by cabby » Wed May 09, 2012 9:25 am

Hi guys,

Congratulations to everyone who has been offered a place this year and fingers crossed for those still waiting! I'm on the reserve list for UEL and just wondered if anyone was in the same boat? Does anybody know if there has been any movement yet? I hate waiting! :roll: xx

GinnyG1982

Post by GinnyG1982 » Wed May 09, 2012 2:09 pm

I'm on the lower part of the reserve list at Oxford and decided to call them to see what my chance are of being offerred a place. They were very kind about me calling up and said that nearly all the places have now been accepted and that there has been little movement on the reserve list so anyone on the lower section won't be offered a place. Absolutely gutted, but in some ways a relief to know where I stand. Am now focusing on doing my best at the Southampton interview and hoping that I will be offered an interview at RHL, has anyone been offered one on the reserve list yet?!

Oxford
Southampton
UCL
RHL (originally position 16)

cabby

Post by cabby » Wed May 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Just called uel- they were lovely :) They have already offered the 1st person on the reserve list a place and only 3 people have accepted an offered place so far. I'm guessing people may be hanging on until after Herts and RH interviews. If anyone knows anymore or is on the uel reserve too- let me know :)

Good luck everyone! :D

SunflowerLondon

Post by SunflowerLondon » Wed May 09, 2012 8:03 pm

cabby wrote:Just called uel- they were lovely :) They have already offered the 1st person on the reserve list a place and only 3 people have accepted an offered place so far. I'm guessing people may be hanging on until after Herts and RH interviews. If anyone knows anymore or is on the uel reserve too- let me know :)

Good luck everyone! :D
I know that the reserve list for UEL moved up only 2 or 3 places last year.

wannabe

Post by wannabe » Wed May 09, 2012 8:34 pm

I'm not sure whether people want to know this or would have rathered it be a surprise....but word on the street (from admin) is that birmingham letters are out tomorrow. Just saying. Incase anyone is as inpatient as me....

cabby

Post by cabby » Thu May 10, 2012 9:26 am

Aw thanks sunflowerlondon- i hope it moves further this year as I'm lower down :( xx