Progress thread for Clinical Psychology applications 2012

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Serenity

Re: Progress thread for Clinical Psychology applications 201

Post by Serenity » Fri May 11, 2012 10:10 am

Coventry & Warwick > Coventry & Warwick
Herts
RHUL
UEL

Oh well.....well.....i think that's it for me. This was my third year of applying.....now is the end of an era...

Laura86

Post by Laura86 » Fri May 11, 2012 12:26 pm

Ah no sorry Gilly! I'll keep my fingers crossed for UEA! Comiserations to everyone that's not had good news.
This - is now my way - where is yours? Thus did I answer those who asked me 'the way'. For the way - it doth not exist. Friedrich Nietzsche

bex4010

Post by bex4010 » Fri May 11, 2012 12:34 pm

AlexLK wrote:Congratulations vex4010!!!! My husbands loves your avatar and wanted me to let him know how did! On a side I literally jumped around my house when I got the good news so know how you feel :)

Fingers crossed for you Gilly, your pictures alone should secure you a place!
Thanks AlexLK and Mr AlexLK! And big congrats on yours too :)

And Gilly I have everything crossed for UEA xxx

workingmama
Team Member

Post by workingmama » Fri May 11, 2012 2:26 pm

Got fingers, toes, and anything else that could conceivably be crossed for you, Gilly :)
x
Fail, fail again, fail better.

fledgling

Post by fledgling » Fri May 11, 2012 2:31 pm

workingmama wrote:Got fingers, toes, and anything else that could conceivably be crossed for you, Gilly :)
x
Likewise. Silly Brum x

just looking

Post by just looking » Fri May 11, 2012 3:13 pm

Gilly wrote:THWAK!

and with a DRAWN OUT Birmingham based Blow, the contender goes doooooown!

He's Dazed....He's confused!! His only chance now is for a last minute UEA Fightback!

The Ref begins the count......1........2.......

UEA > UEA
Birmingham > Birmingham
Coventry and Warwick > Coventry and Warwick
Oxford

:(

Gilly I'm personally outraged!!! How can they turn you down!

I sincerely hope C&W come through.
Last edited by Campion on Fri May 11, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To bring it in line with forum guidance.

just looking

Post by just looking » Fri May 11, 2012 3:17 pm

Serenity wrote:Coventry & Warwick > Coventry & Warwick
Herts
RHUL
UEL

Oh well.....well.....i think that's it for me. This was my third year of applying.....now is the end of an era...

Serenity, that's a shame :( It sucks to be there, sorry.

I hope you'll feel better about things soon and then consider your options. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck!

moonjuice12

Post by moonjuice12 » Mon May 14, 2012 5:51 pm

Salomons --> Salomons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Surrey
UCL
UEL

So happy and relieved. Thank you everybody for your support and information.

sophie08

Post by sophie08 » Mon May 14, 2012 6:28 pm

moonjuice12 wrote:Salomons --> Salomons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Surrey
UCL
UEL

So happy and relieved. Thank you everybody for your support and information.
Congrats moonjuice, what number were you on the reserve?

caramaline

Post by caramaline » Mon May 14, 2012 6:43 pm

Well done moonjuice! Such great news, very pleased for you

moonjuice12

Post by moonjuice12 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Thanks guys! I was fifth on reserve for Salomons Sophie. xx

SunshineGirl

Post by SunshineGirl » Mon May 14, 2012 10:38 pm

Hi All,

This is my first time posting on the forum and I felt that I had to especially since ive become slightly addicted to checking the threads during these past two months! this has been my second year properly applying and this is my updated list:

Birmingham -------> BIRMINGHAM!!!!!!
Leeds -------> Leeds
Essex -------->Essex
Trent --------> Trent ---------> ? ?

Im over the moon!!!!!!! Its still all sinking in!

Just want to share my message of hope with all you guys out there and tell you to work hard and not give up despite it being a stressful, bumpy and off-putting journey at times...it IS possible :D And would also recommend using this forum because I have found some of the tips helpful, useful and ive felt that i was not alone!

Keep Smiling :)

wannabe

Post by wannabe » Tue May 15, 2012 8:54 pm

I have been meaning to post as well. Just read you post sunshinegirl. Your results so far are the same as mine and what you said was exactly how I have been feeling- (this is making me sound a bit like a stalker!!)

But anyway my final results...ever... are

Birmingham
Leeds
Liverpool
Bangor

Over the moon is definitely how I have been feeling, especially in thinking about what it all means. I wanted to reply to a couple of people though that say they are feeling like giving up. Just to say that I felt exactly the same - only last week. Just shows for me that there are such small differences in applications/interview answers between getting an interview, getting a no from an interview, getting reserve and getting on.

Having applied for three years I know have all of the combination of results and emotions to go with them. I have definitely felt at times that I had no hope of every getting on, I wasn't good enough etc and I should give up. I do believe that the only thing that stops people from getting on - is giving up. On the other hand nothing wrong if you want to change direction - but just want to say that if your a red this year you could easily be a blue next with just making the smallest changes to application or interview style!!

So good luck everyone and anyone with blue at birmingham - looking forward to meeting you!!

P.S. I didn't post results when I got a no last year, so remember that if your reading this with a no - a lot of people posting will be the happy ones but probably many who feel the same as you haven't shared it.
Last edited by wannabe on Tue May 15, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bex4010

Post by bex4010 » Tue May 15, 2012 9:11 pm

Congrats moonshine, SunshineGirl and wannabe!!

SunshineGirl and wannabe - see you on the course :D

Blackberryz

Post by Blackberryz » Wed May 16, 2012 1:26 pm

wannabe wrote:I have been meaning to post as well. Just read you post sunshinegirl. Your results so far are the same as mine and what you said was exactly how I have been feeling- (this is making me sound a bit like a stalker!!)

But anyway my final results...ever... are

Birmingham
Leeds
Liverpool
Bangor

Over the moon is definitely how I have been feeling, especially in thinking about what it all means. I wanted to reply to a couple of people though that say they are feeling like giving up. Just to say that I felt exactly the same - only last week. Just shows for me that there are such small differences in applications/interview answers between getting an interview, getting a no from an interview, getting reserve and getting on.

Having applied for three years I know have all of the combination of results and emotions to go with them. I have definitely felt at times that I had no hope of every getting on, I wasn't good enough etc and I should give up. I do believe that the only thing that stops people from getting on - is giving up. On the other hand nothing wrong if you want to change direction - but just want to say that if your a red this year you could easily be a blue next with just making the smallest changes to application or interview style!!

So good luck everyone and anyone with blue at birmingham - looking forward to meeting you!!

P.S. I didn't post results when I got a no last year, so remember that if your reading this with a no - a lot of people posting will be the happy ones but probably many who feel the same as you haven't shared it.
CONGRATULATIONS!! Wannabe and Sunshine girl. And thank you for your words of encouragement. Really hope it'l be my year for a blue next year. Do you know where you are on the Leeds Reserve list? :) im number 6 and hoping for some movement