Progress thread for Clinical Psychology applications 2012

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
Morningstar

Re: Progress thread for Clinical Psychology applications 201

Post by Morningstar » Thu May 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Surrey (number 9)
UEL
UCL
Royal Holloway

I'm doubtful that the list will move that much, though time will tell I suppose. Whilst I'm pleased to be on the reserve I'm mostly feeling disheartened that it probably won't turn into a place.

souldoubt

Post by souldoubt » Thu May 24, 2012 5:31 pm

If you are reserve, does the status for the clearing house tell you what number you are?

Morningstar

Post by Morningstar » Thu May 24, 2012 5:45 pm

souldoubt wrote:If you are reserve, does the status for the clearing house tell you what number you are?
Just checked - mine doesn't, but not sure if this is true for everyone.

SunshineGirl

Post by SunshineGirl » Thu May 24, 2012 6:30 pm

Morningstar wrote:
souldoubt wrote:If you are reserve, does the status for the clearing house tell you what number you are?
Just checked - mine doesn't, but not sure if this is true for everyone.
yes, it would say 'Reserve for Offer'...mine changed a couple of weeks after I got the official result.

fledgling

Post by fledgling » Thu May 24, 2012 6:36 pm

Lilly wrote:Plymouth
Bath
Edinburgh

Glasgow - Glasgow

Absolutely devastated. I am so sick of being a reserve! This is my 9th reserve for place :(
That is a seriously sucky outcome, Lilly- I feel for you :(. Fingers crossed one of them still comes through.

Mischief24

Post by Mischief24 » Thu May 24, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi fellow Trent applicants,

I've been religiously checking/stalking/obsessing over this forum and others for weeks now without posting so I thought I'd post as I have some news to impart, I got a reserve list place (11) today and the letter is dated 22nd May so the letters were sent Tuesday... Hope that doesn't make anyone panic, this was my first interview so I have no idea how these things work! Fingers crossed lots of you get good news tomorrow! :)

x

El123

Post by El123 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:12 pm

I cant help checking this thread and I don't even have my interview til next Friday!! Its torture! Congratulations to everyone with places already :D Keep your hopes up those with reserve places :) and commiserations to those who didnt get through this year :(

xjennax

Post by xjennax » Thu May 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Mischief24 wrote:Hi fellow Trent applicants,

I've been religiously checking/stalking/obsessing over this forum and others for weeks now without posting so I thought I'd post as I have some news to impart, I got a reserve list place (11) today and the letter is dated 22nd May so the letters were sent Tuesday... Hope that doesn't make anyone panic, this was my first interview so I have no idea how these things work! Fingers crossed lots of you get good news tomorrow! :)

x
Thanks for this - I have also heard from someone who has had a letter and got reserve list place 8 ....
I and I am sure the other Trent applicants who have posted on here are now theorising about which batch was sent first and what it means for our letters tomorrow ... But thanks for the information nonetheless! :)
It's not that I'm so smart , it's just that I stay with problems longer
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them
My favourite quotes - all from Albert Einstein

CycleChic

Post by CycleChic » Fri May 25, 2012 12:20 am

Re: Keele and Staffs

I'm surprised that letters were through before the status was updated at the clearing house?

There was an issue last year whereby the course updated the status at their end but it didn't update at the clearing house. Looks loke it may have happened again...

Might be worth checking with them...

CatBells

Post by CatBells » Fri May 25, 2012 7:50 am

CycleChic wrote:Re: Keele and Staffs

I'm surprised that letters were through before the status was updated at the clearing house?

There was an issue last year whereby the course updated the status at their end but it didn't update at the clearing house. Looks loke it may have happened again...

Oh, this reminds me! Now the results have come through - just wanted to say a big thank you to CycleChic and Goats, who I'm pretty sure helped pass an entertaining Thursday afternoon last week!! :lol:

Kittypurry

Post by Kittypurry » Fri May 25, 2012 7:59 am

CatBells wrote:
CycleChic wrote:Re: Keele and Staffs

Oh, this reminds me! Now the results have come through - just wanted to say a big thank you to CycleChic and Goats, who I'm pretty sure helped pass an entertaining Thursday afternoon last week!! :lol:
I second this! You were so kind to us and i couldnt have got through the day without you...also the other lovely girl trainee who left before the afternoon session was so lovely!...

:P
Does Pavlov ring a bell?

CatBells

Post by CatBells » Fri May 25, 2012 8:11 am

Clinicalpsych - were you there Thursday afternoon too?

Kittypurry

Post by Kittypurry » Fri May 25, 2012 8:13 am

CatBells wrote:Clinicalpsych - were you there Thursday afternoon too?
Yes!!! I was the one who had the bad first interview, brown hair sweeping fringe...which one were you?

xxx
Does Pavlov ring a bell?

CatBells

Post by CatBells » Fri May 25, 2012 8:21 am

Oh! I think we met at the screening test as well - I was the one blabbered on about getting banana all over my handbag, vegetarian recipes, and all sorts of other nonsense... (shoulder length brown hair, brown dress!)

Kittypurry

Post by Kittypurry » Fri May 25, 2012 8:38 am

CatBells wrote:Oh! I think we met at the screening test as well - I was the one blabbered on about getting banana all over my handbag, vegetarian recipes, and all sorts of other nonsense... (shoulder length brown hair, brown dress!)
Ohh yeah i think i know...lovely to have met you :D xx
Does Pavlov ring a bell?