Progress thread for Clinical Psychology applications 2012

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
workingmama
Team Member

Re: Progress thread for Clinical Psychology applications 201

Post by workingmama » Wed May 23, 2012 8:18 pm

Peach - adoring your autosig. :lol:
Fail, fail again, fail better.

SunshineGirl

Post by SunshineGirl » Wed May 23, 2012 9:28 pm

CharlieB wrote:
poppy2583 wrote:Okay so waiting for Trent to let me know is a NIGHTMARE!!!!!! Post has been again today and still NOTHING. I had my interview on the first day so have been waiting well over a week now. Has anyone heard anything? Anyone have the guts to call the,? :?
Phoned the admin lady, and they gave nothing away - said that we will hear this week. I heard that they were sent out last night so as there has been nothing in the post today I am assuming letters will be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully! Good Luck :D

Oh thanks for the info! I had my interview on the first day too! Been checking everyday to find out whether they sent anything! so have you heard that its going to be sent my post rather than email? Thanks, big good luck to all!!

CharlieB

Post by CharlieB » Thu May 24, 2012 7:49 am

xjennax wrote:
poppy2583 wrote:Phoned the admin lady, and they gave nothing away - said that we will hear this week. I heard that they were sent out last night so as there has been nothing in the post today I am assuming letters will be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully! Good Luck :D
This is really starting to drive me insane! What day of interviews were you on? Im getting to the point now when Ive gone past caring if I have a place, I just want to know so I can move on with life :) Its my first year applying, and first ever interview so I'm not holding much hope.
Tell me about it!! I was interviewed on Tuesday. Holding a similar attitude: Not got high hopes - first year applying and first ever interview. I just want to know already!! lol. How did you find the day?

jitterbug wrote:Hello all - so glad to hear from some aspiring Trent people. I had my interview last week on Tuesday after being hauled from the reserve list a mere 7 days before the event. I have to say this waiting game is the very worst bit - it's so hard not to get really frustrated! I asked for my letter to be sent to a certain address and got a reply from the administrator yesterday at around 5 so I don't think my letter will have been posted until today at the earliest. Like others I'm almost past caring - I have other things in my life I need to organise! Rude! :D
Yeah, I havent seen many posts from people who have been interviewed by Trent! I was there on Tuesday too :-) the waiting game is not healthy for my body-haha! I know they sent the letters Tuesday eve, so they may have still sent yours but not got round to contacting you until yesterday?

Lets hope they are delivered today!! :D

CatBells

Post by CatBells » Thu May 24, 2012 10:10 am

Post just arrived. Final results:

Sheffield > Sheffield
Manchester
Leeds > Leeds
Shrops & Staffs > Shrops & Staffs

Ouch.

There was a little feedback in the letter, but I'm not sure whether 'self-contained' was a compliment or not...

Kittypurry

Post by Kittypurry » Thu May 24, 2012 10:14 am

CatBells wrote:Post just arrived. Final results:

Sheffield > Sheffield
Manchester
Leeds > Leeds

Ouch.

There was a little feedback in the letter, but I'm not sure whether 'self-contained' was a compliment or not...
Have you heard from Shrops and Staffs? I cant quite see the colours on your post...the online site hasnt changed?

x
Does Pavlov ring a bell?

souldoubt

Post by souldoubt » Thu May 24, 2012 10:24 am

CatBells wrote:Post just arrived. Final results:

Sheffield > Sheffield
Manchester
Leeds > Leeds

Ouch.

I'm really sorry catbells, this is a cruel process xx

xjennax

Post by xjennax » Thu May 24, 2012 10:26 am

My postman has been - No letter from TRENT !!!!
It's not that I'm so smart , it's just that I stay with problems longer
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them
My favourite quotes - all from Albert Einstein

Helen

Post by Helen » Thu May 24, 2012 10:37 am

Letter arrived from Edinburgh this morning:

Edinburgh
Lancaster
Sheffield
Trent

Oh well, at least the Edinburgh interview gave me a practice before Lancaster!

poppy2583

Post by poppy2583 » Thu May 24, 2012 10:49 am

xjennax wrote:My postman has been - No letter from TRENT !!!!

REALLY?? My post comes around 1? How can the letter still not arrive? It's pretty unfair I think! i have looked on clearing house and I have now changed from 'Selected for Interview' to 'Pending Result'. I darent check again in case I see a big fat REJECTION! This is my first year applying, really didnt think I would feel this wound up. :cry:

CharlieB

Post by CharlieB » Thu May 24, 2012 10:53 am

poppy2583 wrote:

REALLY?? My post comes around 1? How can the letter still not arrive? It's pretty unfair I think! i have looked on clearing house and I have now changed from 'Selected for Interview' to 'Pending Result'. I darent check again in case I see a big fat REJECTION! This is my first year applying, really didnt think I would feel this wound up. :cry:

No way!! I was relying on the fact they would be here today! I cant do another day-haha!! Where in the country are you? My post never arrives before 2pm which is unfortunate.

My clearing house says the same, but I dont think that will mean one outcome or another....I hope...I darent check it now either, lol!!

xjennax

Post by xjennax » Thu May 24, 2012 10:54 am

poppy2583 wrote:

If they posted Tues (last post) and used second class stamps it could still be tomorrow ... It is definitely the not knowing that is winding me up! They know the result but I don't! Annoying!
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them

xjennax

Post by xjennax » Thu May 24, 2012 11:01 am

CharlieB wrote:
poppy2583 wrote:

No way!! I was relying on the fact they would be here today! I cant do another day-haha!! Where in the country are you? My post never arrives before 2pm which is unfortunate.

My clearing house says the same, but I dont think that will mean one outcome or another....I hope...I darent check it now either, lol!!
My post varies it arrives anytime between 9am and 2pm - I think two postmen job share on my route. Even though I wouldn't be able to open it until I got home after work just knowing it was there and that I wouldn't have to wait another day would have been enough! I am in Lincolnshire.

jitterbug

Post by jitterbug » Thu May 24, 2012 11:16 am

Oh fellow Trent hopefuls how I feel your pain!!! I too was pinning hopes on the letters arriving today :roll: . As soon as I get home this afternoon I will check. My clearing house account says 'pending result' which from what I understand it means just that - there's no particular significance and it could turn out to be a rejection, a reserve or a place. But now I will obviously be checking it every five minutes waiting for it to change...

Totally the most stressful experience ever especially since someone out there knows my fate!!!

I'm so glad I only got one interview - I can't imagine having to do this 4 times over!!!

Fingers crossed people. :?

MrBurtonRocks

Post by MrBurtonRocks » Thu May 24, 2012 11:20 am

So....i avoided the thread and checking the post for a few days as I wanted to concentrate on my liverpool interview......logged on last night and what did i see "pending result" pffffttttt.....was in disbelief to find STILL NO SHROPS RESULTS!!!!!!how very frustrating (after all my dedicated avoidance :? )

Any one else heard or have any factual info on the supposed arrival date of the dreaded letter.

CHIN UP TO ALL THOSE STILL WAITING :)

CatBells

Post by CatBells » Thu May 24, 2012 11:31 am

MrBurtonRocks wrote:So....i avoided the thread and checking the post for a few days as I wanted to concentrate on my liverpool interview......logged on last night and what did i see "pending result" pffffttttt.....was in disbelief to find STILL NO SHROPS RESULTS!!!!!!how very frustrating (after all my dedicated avoidance :? )

Any one else heard or have any factual info on the supposed arrival date of the dreaded letter.

CHIN UP TO ALL THOSE STILL WAITING :)
As much as it pains me to direct you to my earlier post, my letter arrived this morning!

Hope yours is better news.