The Progress Thread for 2013 Applications

Discuss applications to the clearing house (and to courses that are not in the clearing house system), screening assessments, interviews, reserve lists, places, etc. here
fledgling

Re: The Progress Thread for 2013 Applications

Post by fledgling » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:47 pm

tarasian wrote:oxford
cov&warwick
Herts
UEA
Urgh, also massive dislike. Sorry to see that, tarasian :(. C'mon Herts!

Katherton

Post by Katherton » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:03 am

kevino wrote:Next one I think we will hear back from is Manchester
What makes you think this Kevino??
Scary!

Shivster

Post by Shivster » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:50 am

Hi all,

First time posting my progress on the forum. Second time applying (more clinically relevant experience this time! :D )

[color=#FF0000]University College Dublin[/color]
Limerick
Queens

UK:
[color=#FF0000]Bangor[/color]
UEL
Edinburgh (rated NHS areas)
UCL

Feeling a tad bit disheartened with the rejections so far :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: , trying to stay positive! My feedback last year told me I needed more clinically relevant experience which I have since gotten (AP post for 1.5years). Really don’t think I can do much more at this point! Anxious time ahead! Best of luck to everyone! :) :) :) :) :)

Shivster

mattjonlewis

Post by mattjonlewis » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:00 am

mattjonlewis wrote:Good luck everyone! Mine:

Oxford
Bath
Exeter
Cardiff

playdough

Post by playdough » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:05 pm

I can't quite believe that I'm able to post this, but here is goes!!

Bath
Birmingham
Oxford
UCL

I got the letter in the post this morning, and I assumed from the envelope that it was a no as it was a small, thin envelope! Guess you really can't tell until you open it! Over. The. Moon. :D :D :D :D

persephone56

Post by persephone56 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 pm

playdough wrote:I can't quite believe that I'm able to post this, but here is goes!!

Bath
Birmingham
Oxford
UCL

I got the letter in the post this morning, and I assumed from the envelope that it was a no as it was a small, thin envelope! Guess you really can't tell until you open it! Over. The. Moon. :D :D :D :D
Well done! I didn't get a letter from UCL today, so I assume I can await my rejection :(

Morningstar

Post by Morningstar » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:09 pm

Well done playdough :D

playdough

Post by playdough » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:14 pm

persephone56 wrote:
Well done! I didn't get a letter from UCL today, so I assume I can await my rejection :(
Thank you Persephone & Morningstar!! And Persephone, just remember that UCL has one of the biggest (if not the biggest, I can't remember) no of applicants so they might have had to stagger sending out letters due to staff limitations. I hope you get some good news very soon! :)

persephone56

Post by persephone56 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:19 pm

playdough wrote: Thank you Persephone & Morningstar!! And Persephone, just remember that UCL has one of the biggest (if not the biggest, I can't remember) no of applicants so they might have had to stagger sending out letters due to staff limitations. I hope you get some good news very soon! :)
You're so kind :). I'm in Bangor at the moment, and I genuinely have noticed that post seems slower to get here than the rest of the UK - two days compared to one. So I'll not write off my chances completely just yet :D.

playdough

Post by playdough » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:23 pm

persephone56 wrote: You're so kind :). I'm in Bangor at the moment, and I genuinely have noticed that post seems slower to get here than the rest of the UK - two days compared to one. So I'll not write off my chances completely just yet :D.
I live in Birmingham so I can imagine that the post would take an extra day to get to Bangor than here! Just remember that it only takes one interview and it's not over until the fat lady sings! :)

moony

Post by moony » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:24 pm

No UCL letter for me today. :( Slightly scared now...
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

EllieChapman

Post by EllieChapman » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:31 pm

congratulations playdough! :D

No letter from UCL for me either... Let the anxiety about what tomorrows post will bring begin...

Reebex

Post by Reebex » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:34 pm

playdough wrote:I can't quite believe that I'm able to post this, but here is goes!!

Bath
Birmingham
Oxford
UCL

Believe it! and Enjoy! congratulations mate! Made up for you :mrgreen:

(I can't wait to get home and check my post)
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music!" - Friedrich Nietzsche

moony

Post by moony » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:36 pm

I'm on campus at UCL today. It's taking all my self control not to stop by the clinical department's admin office and make enquiries. ;)
"The brain is a monstrous, beautiful mess." ~ W. Allman Apprentices of Wonder: Inside the Neural Network Revolution

Carrottop

Post by Carrottop » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:48 pm

Glad to see some people are seeing some positivity in their applications. Congrats to all greens, booooo to all reds and hang in there all those still waiting.

All the Universities that I have applied to appear to all get their letters out very near the end so the waiting is killing me. I generally don’t like waiting so with something so important I am hundred times worse. :D